Skip to content
Maintankadin

Frequently *Answered* Questions 3.0.2 & Wrath.

yappo
Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:23 am
I'm unclear on the taunt-swapping. If you have two tanks doing threat ping-pong, then can't the tank who needs to let got just bubble, and tank two, who hopefully has made absolutely sure to be number two on the threat-list, simply takes over?

Sure, I've never seen a raid, but this is what we do on five-man PUGs with an abundance of tanks and no healers.
mirkodeluxe
Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:39 am
Nice summary.

Also, I dont think Knaughty has a particularily hostile tone.
I dont want to get into an argument, but rather to point out that anyone is free to forego any tips in this FAQ and do it their own way.
If you feel something is useless/inferior or just a worse option then it is probably a good idea to back it up with some facts if you want people to listen.
There are a lot of things we dont know and even though Ive spent countless hours reading up on glyphs, encounters and rotations I still dont know what the best setup for my playing style is and therefore its nice to have a summary of all the great research that has been done by the tankadin community.

I like the no-nonsense approach, but then again I am not always a great diplomat myself Wink
_________________
Lore
Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:45 am
Not to dig up the imp judgement argument again, but I only take one point purely because of practical applications. The fact is, when speaking of convenience, there is no practical difference between 0/2, 1/2, and 2/2. I've run with all three extensively and absolutely never had a situation where I needed to judge something in a hurry.

This is only compounded by our new instants (HotR, instant AS, ShoR at 75). There simply is no practical situation in which being able to judge faster is going to make a difference.
_________________
In through rays of your reflection, we enter from a terminal connection.
Knaughty
Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:55 am
2 AM here - will respond in the morning. Rolling Eyes
_________________
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. Everything I post is "Progression Maintankadin" focussed.
Knaughty - Sunwell 4/6 pre-nerf.
Sarkan-ZdC
Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:29 am
3.0.2 in the topic means no level 80 possible Rolling Eyes

It is no big deal with the crushings. I don't think it HAS to be in the guide. I just read that statement that even a level 1 can not be crushed by a skull boss. And that is wrong. I did tank a city boss, I did get crushed.

So they scale up with you, but not down.