Skip to content
Maintankadin

My synopsis of Paladin glyphs. (TL;DR: CRAP.)

Elsie
Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:40 pm
I'll also point out those numbers assume the boss can parry. Several bosses have parry removed (lynx, brutallus, mother). It's likely to be a continuing option in wotlk.

edit: On another note, can someone change the darn title of this so we don't bump "tl;dr CRAP" all the time?
Splug
Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:56 pm
True, but the 8k-10k per hit paradigm seems about standard for Naxx bosses; figure the numbers will go up from there. I'm just trying to point out a generalized boss case, and given how rough some of the numbers I used are, it may not even be entirely accurate. In retrospect, I didn't account for the parried hit being blocked either. I was just trying to make a point that parry haste generates a non-trivial difference in damage income.

-Splug
_________________
(Usually) Prot warrior: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Splug
Splug
Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:22 pm
I may have made a mistake in my understanding of the paladin tanking rotation. Every other GCD is either Shield of Righteousness or Hammer of the Righteous, which are parryable attacks, correct? Judgement, Holy Shield, and Consecration cannot provoke parries, so the 9-second cooldown skills don't count toward number of parryable attacks generated.

Hrm, re-reading your question, let me clarify: what I was counting were attacks which can be parried, not actual parries.

EDIT: Yeah, what Elsie said.

-Splug
_________________
(Usually) Prot warrior: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Splug