Skip to content
Maintankadin

Spec for levelling as tankadin L70+ wotlk

Hammerjudge
Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:27 am

Spec for levelling as tankadin L70+ wotlk

Anyone worked out an L70 spec, and worked out the spec you'd use up to L80 for levelling?

Also wondering, would we stack spell damage/stam/str gear for old-school aoe grinding, or does the new judge/seal system give us some 1:1 proper dps in a tank spec?
Sharlos
Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:38 am
I'm probabbly going to mess around with prot at 70 for a bit then spec ret 4 leveling anDIVINE STORM.
moduspwnens
Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:39 am
I'll be prot, running instances from 70-80. I'll come back to the quests later for all the extra gold and reputation.
_________________
Stormreaver US

Modus | Governor
Hammerjudge
Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:43 am
Yeah many of us will be prot, but any specific tweaks to the spec, any talents you'd choose for levelling which you wouldn't for maintankadin duty at L80?

Any thoughts on whether we might have more 1:1 dps than currently?
Sharlos
Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:48 am
For levelling as prot I'd get divine strength over anticipation, get reckoning, guarded by the light, the 15% mana reduction talent. And would probabbly use a mix of warrior dps/tank gear.


Ps. Like you'd skip half the expansion just to get to lvl 80.
Elennira
Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:31 am
i has a pet shadow priest, so we're gonna go tear up some mobs together...i tank, she spanks
_________________
WotLK new talents = <3


d503
Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:55 am
Looking for some feedback. Here's the spec that I'm thinking about the day Wrath comes out:

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sVcZx0tI0hdggoeRho

Any suggestions from those of you that have leveled prot before? I leveled Ret...I'm hoping to go for something that has alot of DPS and a decent amount of mana. I'm slacking on the avoidance and mitigation end, as I don't think it'll be critical to tank with those skills in those early instances.

I'm going to try and convince a beta friend to let me try this on his paladin, as he has t5 level protection gear.

I'll report back when I find out how it holds up. In the meantime, any advice?
_________________
Tippocabra - <Discord> - [H] Medivh US
WoW Armory
roosevelt
Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:59 am
I'm going to level as ret since we should be able to group now that repentance will be a viable crowd control.
_________________
moduspwnens
Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:40 pm
Is anyone else gonna be farming BM trash til 73 to avoid the rush? Or did I just let my secret out?
_________________
Stormreaver US

Modus | Governor