Skip to content
Maintankadin

"Tanking in Wrath of the Lich King" -- blue post

Snake-Aes
Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:03 pm
It's basically a "shut the fuck up, we aren't done yet!" post. Seems fine so far.
_________________


Spankadin in development.
.'>';
Norrath
Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:14 pm
It confirms that Blizzard has no intention of there being a disparity between warriors and paladins on one side, and death knights and Feral druids on the other side.

Many people still believe Blizzard intends to have DKs and druids be OTs, with paladins and warriors as MTs.
Lore
Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:38 pm
I'm going to go ahead and sticky this. It's an important compilation of thoughts and information regarding the state of not only the Protection Paladin, but tanking as a whole in the expansion. I think everyone should keep the points laid out here in mind as you post on these forums.
_________________
Where did I leave my book of matches?
Arcand
Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:41 pm
Encouraging. However I expect to continue having anxiety attacks and peptic ulcers on a regular basis as long as uncertainty remains.
_________________
Scarlet Crusade - Tanked 11/11 Kara, 2/2 GL, 1/1 ML, 6/6 ZA, 0.5/5 SSC, 1/3 TK, 1/3 MH, 2/4 BT
When the last server shuts down, all that will remain is the way you treated the other players.
Nich
Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:36 am
I guess all that remains is for every tanking warrior and pally in the beta to submit complains that shield spec isn't scaling like it should, and it'd be nice if they'd fix it sooner rather than later ; >
_________________
Nephili, Blackrock, US
Griffonheart
Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:45 am
How unlike Blizz, debase themselves and admit non-warrior's tanking value ^_^
Questioner
Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:28 am
Well, I guess I was wrong. Based on the toolsets given it certainly seemed to me like war/pld were going to have slightly different roles than druid/dk, but I guess its just cause they sucked at designing "equal" tanks for the first round of beta.
_________________
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory