Skip to content
Maintankadin

Intriguing numbers with Hammer of the Righteous

Selinaria
Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:48 am

Intriguing numbers with Hammer of the Righteous

Well Blizzard must have changed something because running a test that I initially was clued into doing because of Scribeshanky's comments in this post:

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/viewtopic.php?p=226460#226460

And came up with some interesting results:

Using Cobalt Cranium Crusher:

Received the following results:



With the following stats:






Then repeated with the Eternally Folded Blade:

And received these results:



With the following stats:



All tests were made vs. mobs in durotar so missing and whatnot is not an issue although crit rate would be inflated. Although 22 hits with both isn't really statistically significant, when the data is always the same.....So overall we can definitely say that normalization has occurred. What confuses me is why EVERY single hit is for the same amount. (Note: Recount is bugged. Glancing = crit) Someone more acquainted with normalization formulas could maybe help me out with this but considering it is an instant attack for 120% weapon damage in theory there should be some variance in damage.

However, either way you slice it, HotR not really affected by weapon speed it seems and we can use the fast tanking weapons to our hearts content.

Edit: One last piece of info that should be supplied ~~> spec:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?paladin=541000500000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001450053500110251533312321
_________________
Manius
Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:54 am
Aren't most tanking weapons very fast? I seem to remember things like the Sun Eater being well below 2s.

In any case, it would seem logical to normalize the things in order to "allow" (read: not make it worse for) us to use the same tanking weapons as warriors.
_________________
Armory Profile
Levantine
Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:55 am
I figured they were going to normalize it eventually. Would've been silly not to after all that talk about gear homogenization.
_________________

Rinforce | Rinforze
MomysLidlMonsta
Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:57 am
The formula i can come up with these numbers is:

(Weapon DPS + AP/14)*2.5 * 1.2 * 1.1 (I assumed 1HWS for *1.1)

which is totally off from what you would exspect from a normalised attack:

(weapondamage +(AP/14)*2.4)*1.2*1.1
_________________
Harlequina
Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:19 am
Does this mean I bought the Merciless Slicer for no reason...



Or wait, it could still be better if it simply has higher DPS than other stuff I got, right? See I have the kings defender, but it has 10 less DPS... But also got def rating.
_________________
My IMEEM: http://www.imeem.com/people/tNXB4J
Lisson
Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:26 am
hmm, be nice to see some number crunchers in on this. im grinding s2 weapon right now, but we are almost to the point of DEing dragon longblade from kalecgos so.. i should think about getting that
Gamingdevil
Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:49 am
Man am I glad I picked up Unbreakable Will for "offspec" when nobody wanted it Smile
_________________
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Griffonheart
Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:24 am
Consider how Reckoning works atm, for max threat we should still use a semi-slow weapon? And need to reconsider the spell vs low vs tanking weapons now.