Skip to content
Maintankadin

WotLK Collector's Edition

Mithos
Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:23 pm

WotLK Collector's Edition

Was looking around to see how I could get my hands on an (EU version of the) WotLK collector's edition version, but with no success. Do they release these things seperatly, and can you even pre-order them?

Probably some nub questions but I never really looked into the collector's editions/any other version of the game before now, and I thought I might get it this time.
_________________

moduspwnens
Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:32 pm
I can't bring myself to spend that much more money on (to me) is a shinier box and an in-game pet that won't be as cool as Mojo anyway. I'm not sure an EU version exists. I'd assume so.
_________________
PLEASE HELP ME TEST THIS: PHP WoW Tanking Simulator
Mithos
Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:34 pm
Hmm are they that much more expensive? I didn't think they would - I got the special version of UT3 when it came out for the same price the normal game is now (maybe even cheaper). Although I guess it depends on company/amount of free shizz.

Edit: Just checked how much the Burning Crusader special edition was/is....

SEVENTY-FIVE FREAKING POUNDS??!

I'm gonna stamp a big "FUCK THAT" on the subject at a personal level :S. Time to re-order the standard version!
_________________

Doktah
Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:47 pm
amazon.com had the collectors edition for US at $36.99. Not sure if it changed.

nvm, thats the normal one..i r retard
_________________
Ahms
Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:16 pm
I ordered mine today from Gamestop, was 69.99. The in-game extras are nice but I really want it for the artbook
_________________
Paid by the Alliance
To slay all the giants


-Ahms of Mannoroth
0/49/12

Art - http://ahms.deviantart.com/
Mithos
Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:30 am
Yeah I really wanted the artbook but I don't know if I want it enough to pay that much for it, I'll have to check the definate price first.
_________________

azragarn
Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:15 am
Wow the AUS release price for CE is only AUD$100 compared to AUD$60 for normal so IMO it is worth it but i have all the others in CE so why not the set
sapientialb
Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:42 am
For me it depends if their going to ship the non-collector's version in a DVD format. I don't really have a proper storage area atm (wtb job) for all my software crap so adding another 4-6 CD's to the mess isn't really ideal.
_________________


"Tanks need many stats, including No-blink crotch staring resistance" - Snake-Aes
Digren
Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:28 am
Given that I bought BC on regular edition (it was all I could get), then later bought a collector's edition just for the pet, I think the extra money up front is pretty reasonable. But I like me preciousss petssss.
halabar
Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:31 am
Collector's edition = massive waggro.

Regular edition hides on a shelf.
_________________