Ardent Defender
1/3
Passive
Each attack you block decreases damage taken from all sources by 1% for 5 seconds. This effect stacks up to 2 times.
(Rank 3 would stack to 6 times)
(any tweakage of numbers, please input)
Ardent Defender sucks; period the end. It's nice in the sense that, when you look at your Tankadin mod after the fact, you saw that your life was spared...ONCE per boss fight, maybe. It's easily leap-frogged (boss fights), has no real "testing" quality (you can't quantify it and say, "It's better than X, but worse than Y skill"), and face it; people like to see the actual affect a talent provides.
I think this would go hand-in-hand with our "avoidance difference" between Warriors, as well. Some other "blocking talents" in the Prot tree (hello 11 pointer, where are you?) and we don't *want* too much avoidance...we'd *want* to block! And this keeps our little "niche" of being weak against casters, because if a boss/mob is casting too much, we're not doing a lot of blocking. *MAKE* us the Block-tank if that's what we're supposed to be.
I'm not good with number crunching, so if anyone who likes the idea would mind taking a boss, throw in some avoidance/block values, assume 2.0 attack speed (modified by Thunderjudge), and see uptime?
(and I've never seen this idea posted before; my apologies if it looks as though I've copied someone, but props to you; we think alike, and I like the idea)
Amarant_Pally
Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:59 pm
