Skip to content
Maintankadin

"Deflect" result with HotR?

Modal
Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:46 am

"Deflect" result with HotR?

I have been getting a lot of "Deflect" results when attacking with HotR (using sctd instead of default blizzard combat text). I've never seen this before, and googling seems to turn up only wowwiki pages that call it a "hypothetical" result that isn't really used. What's going on here?
_________________
Jikozani
Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:47 am
Bugged sctd?
_________________
Splug
Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:47 am
Deflect = ranged avoid. Same mechanics, same chance, different name (or so we think). It's probably a bug that will eventually be resolved if the off-target attacks get reclassed as "melee" attacks.

-Splug

EDIT: I'm not actually sure if it's a dodge or parry. I've heard parry!
_________________
(Usually) Prot warrior: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Splug
Worldie
Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:58 am
No

You can get HotR dodged. Deflect = Parry.

I got pic to prove this.
_________________


Proud founder of the 40/21 club
dmok
Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:00 pm
Deflect
–verb (used with object), verb (used without object)
to bend or turn aside; turn from a true course or straight line; swerve.

Sounds definatively more like a ranged parry to me than a dodge. How can you bend or turn something aside without actually touching it?
_________________

11/11 KZ | 4/6 ZA | 2/2 GL | 1/1 MAG | 3/4 TK | 2/6 SSC | 2/4 MH
Worldie
Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:03 pm
There's the pic, took a bit to find it Razz



Since it can miss, and you can dodge it, the only missing one is Parry Smile
_________________


Proud founder of the 40/21 club
Galoheart
Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:06 pm
I get a bit of Dodge, Deflect and Misses from time to time. Allot more noticable when AoEing. How would we reduce those?
_________________

http://ardentdefender.blogspot.com/ - My WoW Blog.

"One day my time will come. Until then I continue to prepare myself".
Norrath
Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:11 pm
Expertise and Hit, obviously.
_________________

Modal
Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:20 pm
So, can we parry ranged attacks now?
_________________
Worldie
Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:21 pm
Ofc not.
_________________


Proud founder of the 40/21 club
luminae
Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:01 pm
got a combat log screenie of that one, frid? i was under the impression that "deflect" was a buggy mechanic, not one that was attainable by a pc
Worldie
Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:11 pm
I definitively deflected the stun attack from the mobs in Karazhan, and from ogres in blade's edge.
_________________


Proud founder of the 40/21 club