Skip to content
Maintankadin

BV meta gem

Mithos
Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:41 pm

BV meta gem

Just thought about this, this (and ofc similar level 80 gems) should be quite nice for when we are at 80 seeing as ShoR is a mad chunk of our threat it seems (33-40% or something?). Is there any kind of level 80 meta giving +BV?
_________________

Mithos
Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:45 pm
Hmm, do you have any links to the level 80 gems which add BV? If the added BV is a significant chunk and the other effect is still +def rating, it might be nice to aid crit immunity initially.
_________________

Worldie
Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:48 pm
Considering the horrible lack of defense at 80, the 21 def 5% bv seembs the way to go.
_________________


Proud founder of the 40/21 club
Mithos
Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:55 pm
Aye thats what I was thinking, 21 def is pretty nice and will be easy to activate seeing as we will be wanting str/sta, or expertise/sta or whatever (if expertise is even red..)
_________________

Mex
Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:11 pm
The BV meta looks nice but I'm finding it hard to stay away from the 32 stam and 2% armour one. I'm not sure how it would scale with buffs / base armour vs armour on gear but it'll still be a fairly nice boost. If an equivalent existed today I'd be wearing it for sure.
Kelaan
Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:32 pm
Worldie, do you think it would be worthwhile to use the BC +BV gem in our early 70s ( http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=35501 )? It's only 12 defense, so ... I'm kindof unwowed, but the BV is great (especially now!). I'd be sad to lose 200 health, though. Sad
caboom
Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:03 am
Also this meta requires a yellow gem, something usually quite uncomon in pally slots, that can also bring up some more def or sta/def depending on the needs.
_________________
Mithos
Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:24 am
wow, 32 stam + 2% armour. I missed that one!
_________________

roosevelt
Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:49 am
600 armor is a lot. 10 armor = 1 strength in item points, not to mention its very hard to get extra armor. The only places you can get it now are on gloves and cloak enchant and the glove slot is competing with 2% threat.
_________________
Elsie
Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:54 am
I have 30,000 armor right now... if inspiration procs.