Skip to content
Maintankadin

Healing as prot in 3.0

Melathys
Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:34 am

Healing as prot in 3.0

I had a 12250 holy light crit, lol.

from no talents to prot talents, I gained about 200 extra spell power in healing gear. (875 > 1083).

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=28592 shows an increase in healing power on the character tab. (1083 > 1172)

Might need to get some people testing crit. Either my luck is just really really bad, or crit is broken. I should have about 21% crit (ie, 1 in 5 should crit) But its more like 1 in 20. I can go through all my mana 3 times, spamming holy light, and only get one crit. Though, to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised to learn my luck is just that bad.

*edit

also, the crit from combat expertise... is that applied to heals? or only offensive abilities?
_________________
Ulushnar
Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:07 am
I believe the Crit chance from CE only applies to attacks. It says "Increases your expertise by 6, total Stamina and chance to critically hit by 6%." compared to Conviction's "Increases your chance to get a critical strike with all spells and attacks by 5%.".
_________________
Blog : Gear Advice - now with 3.0 Info!
Mithos
Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:14 am
If it says it like that, Ulu, I would magine it DOES affect spells. Things like Fury warrior's Rampage says "Increases melee and ranged critical strike chance by 5%.... etc" which specifically dictates only melee and ranged. This is ambiguous, so I expect it includes spells.
_________________

Magnusharkov
Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:19 am
From memory on PTR CE only effects melee.
_________________
Playdoh
Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:51 am
Kind of on Subject.

I was on the PTR yesterday, testing some things out.

I used my LoH and had it crit. 30K self heal, I shook my head and looked at the combat log. YUP LoH can crit, talk about overhealing.
_________________