So far for Wrath I have three concerns: our avoidance relative to the other tanks, our HP relative to the other tanks, and Reckoning. The relative tank stats are just so that were worth our raid spot in comparison to another class in the same gear and at the same skill level. Im pretty confident that Blizzard intends to keep us balanced, though, so Im not TOO worried yet (although the silence about this last patch is a little unnerving).
The big concern I have is reckoning. I love reckoning, and I always have. I even like the way it procs-the more damage we take, the higher our procs go. To me, this has been a strength rather than a reverse-scaling weakness because it increases our threat vs. caster mobs who can otherwise present a threat weakness (hai2u holy shield). Im well aware that I tend to place more faith in reckoning than many, but its always worked well for me in practice.
The issue I have now is really very simple: Reckoning sucks with SoV. I waited to get a little testing done with the seal changes, and with HotA (Hammer of the Awesome), and since I cant post on the beta forums, I thought Id bring my suggestion over here for a little discussion. As a base for discussion, Im going to assume that Blizzard wants us to keep reasonable auto-attack DPS, but intends for our threat to stay in holy damage (yes I know theres other suggestions about this but I really dont think Blizzard is going to buff white damage threat for us). Im also going to work under the assumption that Blizzard intends to balance our HP/avoidance and try to leave our trees in the same general shape theyre in now as far as point distribution.
All of this means that reckoning will stay about where it is, for about as many points as it is on current beta/PTR. All of this also means that SoV and HotA are going to be primary tools post patch and pre-Wrath. So now we need to have reckoning work with reasonable white damage while leaving our primary threat as holy, and it needs to work with a 3-point investment and give a significant return should we work 5 points in.
Suggestion:
Reckoning 1/5
Gives you a 2% chance after being hit by any damaging attack that the next 4 weapon swings within 8 sec will deal an additional (.04*AP+.04SPH)+1 holy damage.
Note: This would also keep the 5-point change for full-blocks, allowing a noticeable change to the talent at 5 points.
Reckoning 5/5
Gives you a 10% chance after blocking or being hit by any damaging attack that the next 4 weapon swings within 8 sec will deal an additional (.04*AP+.04SPH)+1 holy damage.
Basically, change reckoning from extra white swings to holy bolts. Ive seen this suggested before, but particularly with the new changes I think that this merits a look. For the holy bolt I of course just used consecrations coefficients, which should put it in line with our new scaling. This could be tweaked, etc. but I think this is at least a good place to start.
Wish me luck on Twins (or at least on people running conflag out of our healers), and thanks in advance for the replies!
Oh, and an armory link for reference since I dont have a sig setup.
TLDR: I <3 Reckoning. Change it to fire extra holy damage on the next 4 swings, k?
COFFEE!
P.S.: Shout-out to Arcand and all of Scarlet Crusade
_________________
No rest. No mercy. No matter what.



