Which are you guys going with for threat?
My gut tells me that Conviction + Crusade will be better with the addition of our ShotR and HotR.
Also 53 points in prot makes for some awkward decisions. I think I'm gonna have to pass on kings since we'll be buffing tanks with sanc anyway so we'd have to bring in a different (probably holy) pally to take care of kings.
For me the debate came when deciding where to allocate points between imp devo aura, reckoning, and ardent defender.
Imp Devo: Only used when a ret pally isn't around as ret aura is much better for threat. Also the +6% healing won't really mean much since a resto druid will probably be present during raids when we'd be using devo aura anyway.
Reckoning: Still kind of an awkward talent imo. Provides decent threat (although threat doesn't seem to be an issue for us at all). However, in order to get to the next tier of talents I have to burn three talent points somewhere and here seemed like a decent enough option.
Ardent Defender: Seems almost useless without 5/5. The real benefit from this talent comes from avoiding death and with only a 12 or 18% damage reduction not too many killing blows will really be mitigated enough to keep us alive. Also healers are getting more "oh shit" buttons and so are we making <35% hp not as scary as it used to be.
I know there's a lot to discuss about talent spec, but I wouldn't mind limiting this threat to how to allocate 53 points in prot and seals of the pure vs conviction + crusade.
Discuss...
Jasari
Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:40 am
