Skip to content
Maintankadin

[Idea] Judgments of the Just affect AP instead of speed

Geneveive
Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:59 am

[Idea] Judgments of the Just affect AP instead of speed

Hi all,

I was thinking about our mitigation gap, block value scaling, and AD leapfrogging issues with heavy hitters. I'm not sure exactly how the mechanics would work out, but I thought this might be a good idea to replace Judgements of the Just:

Stultifying Judgements (2/2)
Your Judgement spells also reduce melee attack power of the target by 20%

The idea is that it would apply after other AP debuffs, and basically apply the same DPS reduction, except it would smooth out incoming damage, which makes more sense with our BV gearing "block tank" theme, and also make the mitigation from ardent defender more reliable than with a haste debuff.

It would also provide a unique reason to bring a prot pally... which, now that I think about it, could be OP. Thoughts?
_________________
Andox
Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:02 am
No.

If you touch Thunderjudge, you are a dead Paladin.
Geneveive
Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:06 am
Maybe instead of just asking for thoughts, I should have asked for constructive feedback.

Basically what I'm trying to do is come up with a way for BV and AD to scale better with heavier hitting bosses.
_________________
Elsie
Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:09 am
constructive feedback:
-20% AP != -20% swing speed.
Lore
Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:41 am
In regards to Block Value, don't forget that its effect on your Effective Health increases exponentially. It's basically the same effect as armor, but with no diminishing returns.

So in a way, it scales itself by becoming more effective as you gain more of it.
_________________
Those who died are justified.
Ankiseth
Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:43 am
well Splug, I mean for the most part tanks don't grab imp demo.
Depends what you give up for the imp demo.

I mean, I guess you can argue it's not a *huge* deal. But Imp SW + Imp Def Stance could *technically* be argued are progression talents.

I'm not saying it's impossible for warrs to get demo. I'm just saying, most prot warrs tend not to have it. So you can say to a degree that warrs kinda sorta don't have it themselves when tanking.
_________________
"Why was there bacon in the soap?" -Zim
"I'm not saying stupidity should require capital punishment but can't we take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?" -Bash.org
PsiVen
Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:45 am
AFAIK mobs are already at 0 AP even with CoR with talented Demo/CoW up.

If what you really mean is for the debuff to reduce attack damage by 20% I can understand, but it's too different from Thunderclap. A flat 20% damage reduction is just plain better than 20% attack speed reduction, so you'd have encounters/classes balanced around that instead, and... it gets messy from there.

Plus if it's only sometimes preferable to TC but still excludes it, how do you arrange priority? If TC always overwrites it, then you have to yell at your warriors to cut it out for one fight but not the next. If JotJ overwrites TC, you have no choice as long as you have the talent. If one can't be applied if the other is up first, you have the same situation unless you want to carefully arrange for TC to go up before the first Judgement and for it to never fall off.

Ankiseth
Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:46 am
and a different buff unique to a tanking class would screw with blizzard "everything for everyone" approach atm :<
_________________
"Why was there bacon in the soap?" -Zim
"I'm not saying stupidity should require capital punishment but can't we take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?" -Bash.org