Skip to content
Maintankadin

Who needs tier gear?

anthony
Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:38 am
nice
_________________
i come with my own background music, yes im that cool.
Aleriya
Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:17 am
I'm curious to see a comparision between the plate tanking classes in exactly the same gear. I hear a lot about "omg 8% less avoidance" and "omg 10% more damage taken" but I wonder how much of that is because of the way the tier gear is designed. I'm thinking the non-set gear looks a lot sexier.
_________________
Omatre
Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:28 pm
That seems rather ass backwards then don't you believe. Hey Warriors, you know through basic progression that 80% of your gear is going to be slated towards improving progression:

Hey Paladins, you know that through progression 80% of your gear will make tanking trash more viable, but do nothing for the actual boss progression, instead, you get to go outside the instance that you're progressing in, in order to get an upgrade to progress.

Sounds logical to me... Rolling Eyes
_________________

Agamemnoch
Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:16 pm
I realize that the tier pants and other pants may have more stamina on them, but if we can stay alive and hold aggro (the stam = some spell dmg part) then these can be part of a set towards being uncrittable. Too bad the tier gear, while good, is not as GOOD as it could be. I would rather see something like 2 piece increases defense by 29 rating. 4 piece increases defense by 29 rating and increases the HoTR by 5%.
_________________

Armory link in Signature Image.
fizikz
Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:48 pm
people who like set bonuses.
_________________
Sexual Harassment is the new Purple.
-Vanifae