Skip to content
Maintankadin

I'm being crit by lvl 69 mob while having 501 defense skill

inthedrops
Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:57 pm

I'm being crit by lvl 69 mob while having 501 defense skill

...and I'm not sure why.

I was playing around on beta soloing regular Shattered Halls. And while fighting the mobs I got crit multiple times. Not too frequent but often enough. I am using the regular WoW built in damage meters and when I see the Bold sticky red damage text I assume it still means I got crit like I used to.

Me level is 71 and I have 501 defense skill (355 + 372 defense rating). The mobs are level 69. I don't see unusual debuffs on me. What am I not thinking of?

I have a fraps to show if it helps.
_________________
fafhrd
Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:59 pm
does your combat log actually say you got crit?
_________________

The original Level 70 Lore-stalker
fizikz
Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:59 pm
...sitting? Very Happy... no idea lol :\
_________________
Sexual Harassment is the new Purple.
-Vanifae
fiorina
Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:00 pm
It's a bug. Even if you have 540 Defense you got crit now. They are going to apply hotfix soon.
_________________
And remember the lesson you learned as a child... If you dont QQ - you have to sit there in your piss.
Caelestis
Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:09 pm
They increased the crit chance of all pallies and warriorsby 3% which includes more mobs.
Jensaarai
Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:18 pm
I was wondering why I was getting crit by level 82 elites in heroics with over 6% crit redux Razz on a side note...I was using new Resil elixir, and as Alchemy, I got -1% to be crit, when the tooltip was -0.61% I believe...so that's a nice 64%-ish boost in utility...not bad for alchemy Smile
_________________
www.forceguild.net
5/6 SWP
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kel'Thuzad&n=Jensaarai
fafhrd
Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:41 pm
wait, what the hell did they buff warrior and paladin crit rates artificially for after demolishing everyone else's agi:crit ratio? fuckers
_________________

The original Level 70 Lore-stalker
Blutreich
Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:10 pm
you sure they crit you? when i look at recount at the end i get all kinds of info mixed in from the gladiators fighting each other and the ones attacking target dummies.
_________________

Celebrator
Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:17 pm
I've had the same thing happen to me, I even have a screen shot somewhere
_________________
Celebrator 70 Kel'thuzad