Skip to content
Maintankadin

Why/How are people skipping Kings as Prot? Blessing blather.

Elsie
Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:29 pm
Divine Guardian (still reduces tank dmg intake) or imp hoj (faster interrupt CD).

The real solution is simply 2 holy paladins, 1 with kings. Then a ret with kings and a prot paladin.

Everyone in the raid has some use for all 4 blessings, even if sanctuary is simply -3% raid damage intake.
moduspwnens
Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:31 pm
I guess the problem I have is that if I'm the only Paladin with Kings and Sanctuary, I'll only get one of them.
_________________
PLEASE HELP ME TEST THIS: PHP WoW Tanking Simulator
Songblade
Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:33 pm
The problem with kings is that it is essentially a tank buff, increasing our stamina by 10%, as well as our strength by 10%, but in most cases, this is outshined by sanctuary's 3% damage decrease and mana regen proc on block/dodge/parry. So if we get kings, we get kings for everyone except ourselves, it is better for a holy pally or ret pally to get kings so that they can buff us with it while we put on sanctuary, and we can use our wisdom or might on other people (assuming they even need it).
_________________

Forlorn
Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:37 pm
The biggest arguement I see against kings around here is "But I cant cast it on myself so Im not gonna take it!!" So? Having more then 1 pally in the raid that can do kings makes buffs much easier to assign, especially if someone suddenly needs to leave early.

More to the point, what are you honestly losing by not taking kings? Maybe after the next patch it will be a bit more difficult but currently I dont find alot of places I want to put those points that wouldnt be more valuable to the raid with the flexabilty of me having kings.

So if you arent taking kings what are you saying is better?
_________________
Chevalier
Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:22 pm
I'm getting Kings...just sacrifice 3/5 Reckoning and Improved Judgement. But if all I do is 25-man raiding and have someone there with Kings on a consistent basis then and only then can I drop it. Nothing has really changed with Kings...except that Ret Pallies should have it and Holy Pallies probably shouldnt get it (but they will if they have to)
PsiVen
Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:42 pm
In 25-man raids:
3 paladins, you get Sanct+Kings+Might but rely on 10-minute buffs. Other paladins are still picking up Kings.

In 10-mans:
You are very likely to be the only paladin and Kings is absolutely better than Sanctuary here.

In 5-mans:
You're even more likely to be the only paladin but you probably want to use Sanctuary anyway.

Every holy/ret spec that intends to do any PvP will include Kings at a minimal sacrifice, as will any holy/ret spec that might end up as the only paladin in a 10-man. What I'm seeing on Beta is that nearly everyone is getting it.
_________________
Gladiator Psiven, 80 Tankadin
Rival Psivenia, 70 Warriorlol
Psivenne, 60 Bare

Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
Karock
Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:26 pm
I'd be perfectly happy with the kings situation if another class had a 10% stats buff just so I could more reliably have it without sacrificing Sanc which my mana would apparently be balanced around.
Nakati
Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:30 pm
Kings is absolutely better in some situations.. but I am seriously NOT tempted spending 5 talent points for a damn blessing. And only haveing a 2% version if I dont want to or can spend all 5 points for it is like... *sigh*

My opinion, make it baseline and either nerf it to 5% (whine, sob, still better then haveing to use several talent points to get the equal) OR make it only increase the players higest stat by 10%. Witch means it has a limited yet beneficial buff for all specs/classes.. cause aparantly its just too damn powerfull atm to not have it as a talent. >.<

What else I want to spend my talent points on? Im one of thoose reckless nabb tanks that prefer spending my resourses for max threat then anything else.
_________________