Skip to content
Maintankadin

Beta Solo Challenge...

kingharbromm
Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:11 am

Beta Solo Challenge...

Here's the deal...

I wanted to make some videos showing all of the classes soloing this one really tough mob in outside Icecrown Citadel called Corp'rethar Guardian. It's a dog-looking mob with 100k health that hits like a Mack truck. So, far I have videos of a prot warrior, a frost mage, a destro lock, and a blood death knight. The druid that tried couldn't do it. A hunter did, but the video was WAY to long to post.

So, here's the problem. I can't find a good prot pally to do it! Can someone here post a video of them doing it for my collection? That'd be awesome if you did.

The mob is a green dog-like creature just north of Icecrown Citadel. He walks like a sentry along the walls.

If you'd like to see him, here's a link to the video showing the warrior doing it. The other videos can be found there, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p91G5lY8fLk

Thanks!
_________________
Fafa
Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:50 am
They don't hit that hard - at least no harder than the titan guy that roams dragonblight which I easily soloed. The mortal wound that even divine shield doesn't remove is what makes them challenging for a paladin to solo, basically rendering judgement of light and healing worthless past a certain point. I found the challenge worth the time though Very Happy

I managed it with only 583 hp left out of 19.5k (0/60/11 spec), and I'm wearing pretty much all level 70 stuff (T6) with daunting pieces and blue cape, neck and shield from wrath. So it should be a cake walk for anyone in a decent amount of wrath gear.

I didn't fraps so you'll just have to take my word for it - but for anyone else that gives it a shot all I can recommend is keep sacred and holy shield up, bandage/pot/bubble early, use loh at 5 debuffs, and nuke the crap out of it. I had to use judgement of wisdom - was having mana problems since it doesn't swing fast enough to get decent returns from bos to keep up with the damage needed before it would have killed me. Took me 3 tries total before I figured out why it was kicking my ass and what worked Razz
Exewu
Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:50 am
I didn't try that, I did went into ony's lair and slain her and then zg to try my luck there!

The bat boss was impossible, she heals for 40% of her life every ~15 seconds.

Raptor boss (this is actually rather hard): http://i36.tinypic.com/68gab8.jpg
Spider boss: http://i35.tinypic.com/316ko3o.jpg
Tiger boss (wow this one was ANNOYING): http://i33.tinypic.com/jfyj9k.jpg
Panter boss (my shield was red for the entire fight, that's how easy she is): http://i36.tinypic.com/10hkbr7.jpg
Jin'do: http://i35.tinypic.com/2m2xe6c.jpg

I tried hakkar as well, but I couldn't get him below 30% before he enraged, even with killing sons Sad. My nax raid was filling up (as you can see in the panther screenie) so I didn't have time to do a lot of attempts on him. Perhaps when I get better gear it will be doable.

edit: forgot one :p
Exewu
Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:33 pm
Interesting he didn't try to MC me at all. I was in the raid with only one offline guy when I did hakkar, perhaps that's why he didn't MC?

How exactly would having frenzy up help me kill him? Higher reflected damage?
MonkH
Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:24 pm
40 man raiid stuff soloable? without being passive uncrushable
_________________
Daeden Prot Pala of EU-Frostmane.

Classes also played:
Druid, Warlock, Priest, Warrior, and now Paladin
Fafa
Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:17 pm
You don't need to be passively uncrushable unless you are afk soloing something while you watch a movie...

They hit for almost nothing comparatively, you will block most of the dmg, and if any does get through it activates an damage absorbing shield similar to a priest's bubble. You still have bubble, you still have loh, and you can still heal yourself (without too much knockback trouble though!) Couple that with significantly larger heals from judgements/seals and its not very overwhelming. Melee oriented "40 man" bosses are largely a joke. The ones that use spell dmg are the harder ones but quite a few are possible.

Try it for yourself when you hit 80. You'd be amazed what you can solo with very little effort.
Zumor
Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:11 am
hakkar keeps me as his his pet and resets... that sucks...
Zumor
Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:52 am
these dogs were no problem at all,
I have around 25k HP now, uncrittable, and near uncrushable again (no hit unblocked) and the dog went down easy.
I had problems with the 3 freakish priests at the tigerboss in ZG than with Icecrowndogs

Edit: tryed them now again, they seem to have buffed these dogs a bit, had a bit more problems, 50% hp and close to OOM, but still pretty easy