Skip to content
Maintankadin

Reckoning

Beckin
Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:38 pm

Reckoning

Had a quick question in regards to going up to level 80 in the expansion or even for the 3.0 patch... has anyone tested;

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=20182

...to see if it's worth it, or is it better to put points elsewhere?

I was going to aim for level 80 being; http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sZaxzAfugteIRGog assuming nothing changes but just want some input about Reckoning because it's something I've not seen much mention of.
WATERBOYsh
Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:43 pm
Well, for tanking, you will want to use SoV from now on. Reckoning is mainly just extra white damage now, no more getting extra SoR procs. The white dmg still gets extra threat, thanks to the built it "anti-salv" in righteous fury, but still doesn't get the 1.9 multiplier that holy damage gets. So you'll see a dps/tps increase still of course, it just wont be as dramatic on live where you get the SoR procs.
_________________
Warcraft
Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:43 pm
I take 3 points in it because there is not much else. I mean, the only other choices are a gimped Blessing of Kings, 2 PvP talents, a talent you'll never use while tanking, and the complete slap in the face that is "for only 3 talent points, you can turn your 4 times as crappy spell interrupt into only twice as crappy."
Worldie
Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:53 pm
Even 3/3 Imp HoJ is > Reckoning.

Interrupt on 30 sec cd instead of 1 min = sex <3
_________________

R.I.P. Sanctity Aura, it's Hammer Time
Sharlos
Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:04 pm
If exorcism does turn into a legitimate interrupt then imp. HoJ can go the way of the dinosaur. I'll prob go Divine Guardian and the 11 point talent.
_________________
I hate signatures, but i love irony
Worldie
Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:10 pm
If Exorcism Glyph allows it to be used on non-undeads... then i'm taking BoK since we plan to split our talents anyway Very Happy
_________________

R.I.P. Sanctity Aura, it's Hammer Time
Seraphia
Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:11 pm
I always max out reckoning, it's probably one of my favorite talents.


No rational or mechanical reason, I just enjoy it every time it procs Razz
_________________
-Seraphia <Slap in the Face> : Doomhammer
Songblade
Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:13 pm
How does that "anti-salv" thing work anyway, I don't think I've ever quite understood it, and have never seen any posts on it.
_________________
Worldie
Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:17 pm
There's no more salvation, so no more 30% less threat on DPS.

However, all the tank "stances" (namely, Frost Presence, Bear Form, Righteous Fury and Defensive stances) got their threat modifier increased by a additional 43%.
_________________

R.I.P. Sanctity Aura, it's Hammer Time
Songblade
Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:19 pm
I see, sounds good.
_________________
WATERBOYsh
Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:20 pm
and actually... that is something I've been wondering about (for several minutes at least)... does this baked in salv only effect holy damage or all damage, including white? I stated in my first post that it would effect white damage, but I thought about it and I'm not sure if I know that for a fact or not....
_________________