Skip to content
Maintankadin

What dual Spec are you getting?

Sarkan-ZdC
Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:15 am

What dual Spec are you getting?

And why?
moduspwnens
Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:18 am
Prot + PvP Heal.

That might change, though. I'm saying the Holy Build whose second tree is Prot, picking up Divine Guardian. I won't be 100% as effective in PvE, but I'll have Imp RF and DG along with all the PvP benefits. I like healing in PvP as long as I don't fight a semi-non-retarded Resto Druid.
_________________
Moduspwnens - Shattered Hand
Zironic
Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:18 am
My goal is to PvE as ret and I think I'll get the most enjoyment out of my offspec if i make it pvp viable and out of practical concers when it comes to daily quests/farming etc I think ret is a better offspec choice then holy.

I also think it'll be better in a raid to be able to switch from tanking to dps since most raids should require a constant amount of healers.
Ulushnar
Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:22 am
Prot and PVE Ret.

I'm going to be playing in a small 10-man guild. I'll trade off tanking bosses with the other tank for the most part and when I'm not tanking, I'll go lolret for funsies.
_________________
Who is this God everyone fears?
ziggyunderslashone
Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:22 am
prot and pve ret. no one likes being being the MT in dps. hoho.
Aldonza
Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:23 am
Probably going with PvE Heal as my other spec b/c I don't mind switching to healer mode when the need calls for it. I played for two+ years as a Priest healer in both vanilla WoW and TBC.
_________________

Selinaria
Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:26 am
Prot and PvE Ret for sure.

Although I would probably have chosen PvE holy if this feature was around at say, BC launch, since I despised ret with a burning passion for so long, but having messed around with the new Ret on Beta, I sincerely love the changes Blizzard made to it and will enjoy dpsing when not needed as a tank or as a switch up.

And hell pve ret doesn't really sacrifice much in the pvp areas so I can still pvp on the side with it for fun.
_________________
moduspwnens
Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:29 am
I just don't like Ret. :( Admittedly, though, it was mostly because, "If I want to DPS, I'll use a DPS class." After all, they're superior. Since this is no longer the case (supposedly), it may be different.
_________________
Moduspwnens - Shattered Hand
Selinaria
Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:31 am
All I have to say about Ret currently:


DIVINE STORM!

Whirly hammers of awesomeness are fun and the dps is definitely competitive.
_________________
Aldonza
Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:55 am
It was somewhat amusing last night. I had several of my friends from PuGs whisper me last night to make sure I hadn't gone ret (as many of the paladins on my server are now doing the ret thing).
_________________

Mortehl
Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:57 am
hammerdin ftw
_________________
Mithos
Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:11 am
Either Prot PvE/Prot Pvp (<3) or Prot PvE/Ret PvE. My prot pve spec would double as my trash spec most likely, have to see first though.
_________________

Sarkan-ZdC
Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:13 am
Damn.. Ret invasion! Looks like that tree really got buffed Razz