Skip to content
Maintankadin

Lvl 70 Gear on patch 3.0

Vingilot
Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:14 am

Lvl 70 Gear on patch 3.0

As many of you may have, I have lots of gear wich I used to switch for tanking, questing (dps) and off-healing (my toon is always prot).

And now that crushing blows are off the table (at least from TBC bosses), I'd like to know if I should change some of my avoidance gear for some with more strength and more stamina, i. e. Andormu's Tear., or my sword (Crystalforged Sword) for one with better speed and dps.

Thanks a lot guys.

(Garona-Vingilot)
_________________

Torquemada
Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:33 am
First, make sure you get/keep your defense to/at 490. After that, worry about stamina. If your gear also has strength, bonus.
_________________
Kellel
Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:44 am
so nobody has put together a guide on some possible gear substitutions for 3.0? I know a friend suggested I trade in my Continuum Blade for a Merciless Gladiators Slicer for boss tanking and single target threat generation, are there any more suggestions for gear swaps that might help ease us into this transition?
_________________
omni
Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:21 am
3.0 mechanics at lvl 70 pretty much make threat a non-issue at this point. I tanked Kara last night in my badge gear with t6 dps and hadn't a worry at all on threat.... I say slap in a Sun-eater. Survival is now the only thing you really need to gear for... at least at 70.
_________________
omni
Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:30 am
Yup just read the sticky. Can an admin please move this thread?
_________________
Vingilot
Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:04 pm
My defense is at 490, it showed today 465 because talents were not updated on the armory. Thanks for the replys!!!
_________________