Skip to content
Maintankadin

Prot PVP @ 85

Worldie
Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:25 am

Re: Prot PVP @ 85

KysenMurrin wrote:Nerf four specs because one of them is OP?

Tanks were never intended to be viable in PvP anyway, they stated it multiple times.
KysenMurrin
Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:29 am

Re: Prot PVP @ 85

And they weren't, at least not Prot Paladins. They were subpar, but still usable if you weren't concerned about getting high ratings. With this change they won't even be worth the effort.
Worldie
Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:31 am

Re: Prot PVP @ 85

I believe the intended "niche" in PvP for tanks is base holding / flag carrying in (rated) bgs. Which they still excell at. They have no place in arena.
Remember they moving in that direction also in MoP with druid feral being separated from guardian spec (aka not having anymore high damage in a tank spec, nor high survivability in a dps spec)
KysenMurrin
Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:49 am

Re: Prot PVP @ 85

Part of our survivability right now comes from the fact that our Word of Glory scales with Vengeance.
Fenrìr
Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:23 am

Re: Prot PVP @ 85

While I do agree this is going to hurt Tankadins in the FC'ing role, I do agree with Blizzard in this nerf. Blood DKs and well played Prot Warrs are just stupid...I generally just go the other way.
Skye1013
Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:46 am

Re: Prot PVP @ 85

Anecdote is anecdote, but a Blood DK was holding the DMF arena against 4 other people (one of them a healer.) This will also help against easily achieved OP "tanks" in low level BGs, since it'll be far more difficult to 1-shot someone with Avenger's Shield...
Kelaan
Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:41 am

Re: Prot PVP @ 85

Time to learn to play Ret, I guess. :-( Damn. It was certainly fun while it lasted.