bldavis wrote:another case of pvp fucking up our pve
Or a PvE request, 10 second cooldown interrupt like every other tanking class, being filled in the most logical way.

bldavis wrote:another case of pvp fucking up our pve
Flex wrote:bldavis wrote:another case of pvp fucking up our pve
Or a PvE request, 10 second cooldown interrupt like every other tanking class, being filled in the most logical way.
Mmo-Champ wrote: Warrior (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
Colossus Smash now ignores 50% of a hostile player's armor (PvP), but continues to ignore 100% of a non-player character's armor (PvE).
bldavis wrote:Flex wrote:10 second cooldown interrupt like every other tanking class, being filled in the most logical way.
if this is the case, then i want to kick the ass of who ever asked for it, we have 3 cooldowns we can use for interupts, why the hell would you ask for one to be taken away?
bldavis wrote:Mmo-Champ wrote: Warrior (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
Colossus Smash now ignores 50% of a hostile player's armor (PvP), but continues to ignore 100% of a non-player character's armor (PvE).
now lets see if this makes it live
Kelaan wrote:bldavis wrote:Flex wrote:10 second cooldown interrupt like every other tanking class, being filled in the most logical way.
if this is the case, then i want to kick the ass of who ever asked for it, we have 3 cooldowns we can use for interupts, why the hell would you ask for one to be taken away?
How would you have handled interrupts SOLO while tanking Halfus? I'm curious what the rotation is, especially given that you might be tank swapping.
I think it's also possible that they didn't want you to have an interupt more than every 10 seconds.
thatguy wrote:bldavis wrote:Mmo-Champ wrote: Warrior (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
Colossus Smash now ignores 50% of a hostile player's armor (PvP), but continues to ignore 100% of a non-player character's armor (PvE).
now lets see if this makes it live
It's this kind of stuff that drives me bat shit crazy. After all of the "balancing" that they've tried to do, they finally realize that "Gee, maybe we could just flip this switch to differentiate between PvP and PvE". Why they can't do more of this just baffles me.
bldavis wrote:Kelaan wrote:How would you have handled interrupts SOLO while tanking Halfus? I'm curious what the rotation is, especially given that you might be tank swapping.
I think it's also possible that they didn't want you to have an interupt more than every 10 seconds.
dang
you found the flaw in my logic
i dont know any of the raid fights cept the BH boss....if you call that a raid
bldavis wrote:skull bash has a 10 sec cd, idr what bash's is
bldavis wrote:Flex wrote:bldavis wrote:another case of pvp fucking up our pve
Or a PvE request, 10 second cooldown interrupt like every other tanking class, being filled in the most logical way.
if this is the case, then i want to kick the ass of who ever asked for it, we have 3 cooldowns we can use for interupts, why the hell would you ask for one to be taken away?
that is what i love about being a warrior, if i cant put my foot down or bash my shield in your face to get you to stfu, ill just throw my weapon at you.
im sure it is just more homogenization between the tanking classes but i think its screwed up
/rant
Kelaan wrote:Make sure you can back it up with numbers.
Dane wrote:Him:
Block: 43.98%
Me:
Block: 51.50%
Looks pretty cut and dried to me. We're fairly similarly geared, levelwise...he's a little up on me.
Dane wrote:Here's a Cat raiding-level prot warrior question, or series, rather...
1) Hit cap...more important than it is for us? Should warrior tanks be reforging for hit?
2) Kind of a catch-all...as the "other" shield tank, is their gearing fairly similar to ours? My co-tank is 5 or so ilevels ahead of me...but healers say I'm easier to keep up. I checked our respective armories, and while he's sitting at about 160k unbuffed to my either 147 or 143...(sorry, stam isn't my gearing priority, so I know I'm lose to the 150k I want, but not QUITE there...I also don't know my exact number. I have enough to survive...I know that much.) but I've got about 7% more block than him. Dodge and parry are the same until you get to the hundreths column...
3) Threat...does he really need a shield spike...or would a defensive enchant serve him better?
I have a feeling I should have a talk with him, but I'd like to be sure I'm not making a fool of myself first. He's rocking dual-stam trinkets...which I told him was silliness at our gear/content level, but then I realized...maybe it isn't for a warrior, maybe it is.
Any insight is appreciated.
bldavis wrote:maybe that is why ppl like my warrior
i played a class that avoidence mattered, so i am gemming,gearing, enchanting, reforging for more block and avoidance.....
granted i started my pally in the hey day of stam stacking, and have never been bleeding edge raiding with him, but still
im used to that style of thinking, thus it is natural to me, and not as foreign