Skip to content
Maintankadin

Holy Priest- Collection of Links & Return of the Lightwell

katraya
Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:30 pm

Re: Holy Priest- Collection of Links & Return of the Lightwell

I have been healing regulars for a while now but I haven't been brave enough to heal heroics yet. I recently got a few gear upgrades so I am ready to give them a try.

Some things I want to do first:
Fix my power auras
Make a macro for dummies that tells them to click lightwell and all the goodness associated with it for the beginning of a run.
Add a different macro that announces when lightwell is down.
Get PoM to show on Grid

is there anything else you can suggest that will make my life easier? (Except trying to run with guildies of course...)


Feel free to look me over and see if there is anything glaringly wrong with my spec/glyphs/etc, armory link is in signature and those stats in the sig aren't accurate. I will only be doing heroics, no raiding.
thatguy
Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:38 pm

Re: Holy Priest- Collection of Links & Return of the Lightwell

katraya wrote: stuff to do


Talesofapriest.com is great for power auras. If you look in the Addon/Marco section of maintankadin, I started to put together a lot of power aura strings and there are quite a few for Holy Priests. These are pulled from talesofapriest.com. I use them on my priest and they are very well positioned and properly sized.

If you're working on your grid/party frames, you might also want to know when your Weakened Soul debuff is gone since Body and Soul is lots of fun to play around with.

I'm not a huge fan of Divine Touch for heroics. I only keep renews on the tank and you're in Chakra Heal 90% of the time so the amount of renews that you're having to put on people is quite limited. I've found Blessed Resilience to be a better use of my points. It greatly increases your survivability in AoE encounters like Rajh, 3rd boss in LCoT, etc.

As for your glyphs, you don't need circle of healing since you're only doing 5 mans. You could use Psychic Scream as an "OH CRAP Button" to let your tank pick back up some loose mobs or possibly pick up Mass Dispel. I can be helpful on fights like Assad. Neither are game changing but just something to think about. You don't need Glyph of Desperation either since I can't think of a boss encounter in 5 mans where you are stunned. That would give you the freedom to pick up both Mass Dispel and Psychic Scream.

Besides that, you are more than geared for PuG heroics. Your mana regen looks good, your spell power looks high enough, and gear looks good. The only thing I would mention is that in blue sockets, I go for Purified gems over the green gems. Mastery is good but Intellect is even better.
Levantine
Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:19 pm

Re: Holy Priest- Collection of Links & Return of the Lightwell

thatguy wrote:Mastery is good but Intellect is even better.

Can't stress this enough. Only colour gems you should be using are Red, Orange and Purple. I go for Artful as my orange colour of choice, but I'm a giant mastery slut.
katraya
Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: Holy Priest- Collection of Links & Return of the Lightwell

Levantine wrote:
thatguy wrote:Mastery is good but Intellect is even better.

Can't stress this enough. Only colour gems you should be using are Red, Orange and Purple. I go for Artful as my orange colour of choice, but I'm a giant mastery slut.


I think that the green gems had something to do with meeting a meta gem requirement. A few gear swaps later and they don't make much sense.
thatguy
Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:39 pm

Re: Holy Priest- Collection of Links & Return of the Lightwell

You're right kat since Ember Shadowspirit requires two yellow gems. I missed that when I was looking. Once you have enough sockets, it's still best to use Red, Orange, and Purple gems as Lev said.