Skip to content
Maintankadin

DK DW and TG Warriors

bldavis
Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:04 am

Re: DK DW and TG Warriors

Kelaan wrote:
bldavis wrote:threat/mastery reforged hit to dodge, enchanted with mending...


Is Mending actually worth anything for DKs? I get more out of SoI so I decided that 1% of my total healing was lackluster.

for dks?
i would expect that the rune is better, esp since DS is a big part of the rotation for blood

the weapon i was talking about is my warriors tanking weapon
Hokahey
Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:37 am

Re: DK DW and TG Warriors

Kelaan wrote:
bldavis wrote:threat/mastery reforged hit to dodge, enchanted with mending...


Is Mending actually worth anything for DKs? I get more out of SoI so I decided that 1% of my total healing was lackluster.


Please, if you want a self heal enchant on your DK's weapon, get the Rune of the Fallen Crusader on there (unless they removed the heal on proc, but I don't think they did). If you're tanking, you're supposed to take Stoneskin Gargoyle. Your self-healing while tanking comes largely from Death Strike, Blood Worms, and Rune Tap, unless I'm mistaken.

There is no good reason for a DK to be using Mending on a weapon that I'm aware of.
Gerunna
Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:04 am

Re: DK DW and TG Warriors

Hokahey wrote:Please, if you want a self heal enchant on your DK's weapon, get the Rune of the Fallen Crusader on there (unless they removed the heal on proc, but I don't think they did). If you're tanking, you're supposed to take Stoneskin Gargoyle. Your self-healing while tanking comes largely from Death Strike, Blood Worms, and Rune Tap, unless I'm mistaken.

There is no good reason for a DK to be using Mending on a weapon that I'm aware of.


Actually you'll more commonly see DK tanks using Swordshattering instead of Stoneskin Gargoyle these days unless they're pushing hard mode progression and really need the stamina. You are right about the main sources of self healing, though don't forget the longer cooldown heals Death Pact and Lichborne + self-targeted Death Coils. Since disc priests are fond of counting shield absorbs as healing done, the same could even be considered the case for Blood Shield.
Hokahey
Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:32 am

Re: DK DW and TG Warriors

Gerunna wrote:
Hokahey wrote:Please, if you want a self heal enchant on your DK's weapon, get the Rune of the Fallen Crusader on there (unless they removed the heal on proc, but I don't think they did). If you're tanking, you're supposed to take Stoneskin Gargoyle. Your self-healing while tanking comes largely from Death Strike, Blood Worms, and Rune Tap, unless I'm mistaken.

There is no good reason for a DK to be using Mending on a weapon that I'm aware of.


Actually you'll more commonly see DK tanks using Swordshattering instead of Stoneskin Gargoyle these days unless they're pushing hard mode progression and really need the stamina. You are right about the main sources of self healing, though don't forget the longer cooldown heals Death Pact and Lichborne + self-targeted Death Coils. Since disc priests are fond of counting shield absorbs as healing done, the same could even be considered the case for Blood Shield.


I haven't been keeping current on theorycraft with DK tanks. Thanks for the insight. Even then, I'm a hair surprised that 4% Parry would win over 4% Stamina and 2% Armor, although I can certainly see the value of extra Avoidance not subject to DR in the current environment vs. Wrath. Slightly steadier loss of HP (in theory) vs. slightly less overall melee damage taken (in theory). Either will be head and shoulders above Mending.

I guess a smart DK would keep 2 tanking weapons, 1 with each Rune.
Skye1013
Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:34 am

Re: DK DW and TG Warriors

There was a blue Q&A on MMO that stated they were looking into new runes (to include tanking ones). For now though, I'd personally use SS.