Skip to content
Maintankadin

[Holy Paladin] PvE Gear List (4.2)

poptart
Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:57 pm

Re: [Holy Paladin] PvE Gear List (4.2)

lythac wrote:
rodos wrote:Haste - the first break-point for Holy Radiance will be quite low, and the second too high to reach, so haste will mostly be a matter of personal choice.


I had wondered about breakpoints for Holy Radiance under Heroism and encounter specific mechanics. Deathwing final phase looks to be a good example of maybe trying to reach a breakpoint under Heroism if it is not too much rating.


The Elitist Jerks Holy Paladin thread has those breakpoints. I can only remember the one that mattered most....

With 9% haste from Judgeing and 3% haste from Speed of Light, you only need 901 Haste rating to gain a 4th tick of Holy Radiance. The 5th tick was unobtainable without Divine Favor or Heroism so I did not really care about it (like 3500 rating required).

Personally, I am going to maintain around 1200-1300 Haste and then try to keep Mastery and Crit about even while maxamizing Spirit and Intellect. I really like how Mastery is looking in 4.3 but still know that the long pole in our tent is Divine Light.

Poptart
rodos
Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:49 pm

Re: [Holy Paladin] PvE Gear List (4.2)

According to EJ, 1% haste would be 128 rating.
Hero/Lust/TW is 30% = 3840 rating.
Divine Favor is 20% = 2560 rating

So if the break point is around 3500, you're always going to get a 5th tick with Hero, and you won't have to go far past the 901 break point to get a 5th tick with DF.

A 6th tick would require 100% haste = over 4800 rating with Hero and DF stacked. Not going to happen.
lythac
Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: [Holy Paladin] PvE Gear List (4.2)

In non haste break points news, I will be cutting all the Al'Akir stuff and just stick down a blanket statement for weapons.

Am unsure atm what the lowest ilvl gear will feature on the list. I know the new crafted PvP gear will edge out 333 pieces and if it is close enough to 346 then I won't have them on the list anymore.

As for weightings with the haste breakpoint being easily obtainable it seems reasonable to weigh Haste/Mastery/Crit the same (Haste due to reforging) with higher for Spirit and then higher for int.
poptart
Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:11 am

Re: [Holy Paladin] PvE Gear List (4.2)

lythac wrote: In non haste break points news, I will be cutting all the Al'Akir stuff and just stick down a blanket statement for weapons.


This is probably a fine choice. Weapons are pretty much that the higher I-level almost always is better due to Spell Power and Intellect amounts always being higher. The amount of secondary stats on them rarely would ever justify a lower Item Level weapon.

lythac wrote:Am unsure atm what the lowest ilvl gear will feature on the list. I know the new crafted PvP gear will edge out 333 pieces and if it is close enough to 346 then I won't have them on the list anymore.


I would choose the lowest level "sure thing" item in a slot. Sure thing involves items that are "easily" craftable or obtainable by a brand new level 85.

Including the Nightweaver's necklace (365 from Molten Front vendor) is a great idea because it takes less than an hour of work at level 85 to go get it. It can be your "starting" point for that slot.

However, including a piece that takes unlocking one of the "Mark" vendors and days of dailies to do is probably not a good place to start your "sure thing" list at.

I would probably pick two "sure thing" items. One being "on the cheap" in terms of how much effort you want to put into it (JP 346 shield instead of the 359 crafted shield for example. 333 CoC quested weapon instead of the 365 crafted mace) and the other being a "best obtainable pre-raid" that includes crafted epics, rep grinds, VP purchases, and the like.

lythac wrote:As for weightings with the haste breakpoint being easily obtainable it seems reasonable to weigh Haste/Mastery/Crit the same (Haste due to reforging) with higher for Spirit and then higher for int.


I wish you could easily just turn Spirit into a "yes/no" weight category instead of assigning it a weighting number. A 20 point difference in Spirit can easily put a Dragon's Soul piece that has (single socket, Crit) but greater Spirit in front of a piece that has (dual socket, Mastery) but less Spirit. Sitting at 3k Spirit right now, I know which piece I would want to upgrade to.

But, otherwise, the settings I am runnign right now are:

Intellect = 100
Spirit = 85
Haste = 50 (I am planning to shoot for maintaining between 1300-1400)
Mastery = 45
Crit = 40

With a higher item level piece almost always being ranked higher (except being if the higher level piece does not contain Spirit but the lower one does).

Poptart
Kelaan
Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:08 am

Re: [Holy Paladin] PvE Gear List (4.2)

poptart wrote:I would choose the lowest level "sure thing" item in a slot. Sure thing involves items that are "easily" craftable or obtainable by a brand new level 85.

Also, there will be a new batch of crafted PvP gear which will be a decent start - I've been healed in heroics by someone in 7/8 of the un-socketable PvP gear, and they did well. (I was shocked. I didn't even have to put on Real Tanking Gear most of the time.) Obviously, many things are better than those, but their massive ilevel budget ought to make it more viable for healing things that drop better stuff.

I would probably pick two "sure thing" items. One being "on the cheap" in terms of how much effort you want to put into it (JP 346 shield instead of the 359 crafted shield for example. 333 CoC quested weapon instead of the 365 crafted mace) and the other being a "best obtainable pre-raid" that includes crafted epics, rep grinds, VP purchases, and the like.

I think that's a very good idea.
Aanar
Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:45 am

Re: [Holy Paladin] PvE Gear List (4.2)

Slightly off topic, but didn't really seem worth a new thread.

I'm trying to put together a full set of the holy int plate (for tmog) that mostly drops from the new (4.3) 5-mans (dark blue with gold trim). I figured out the chest is a boe, and of course the boots come from the quest, but I can't find gloves anywhere. Any help?

Thanks!
Amirya
Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:38 pm

Re: [Holy Paladin] PvE Gear List (4.2)

They aren't a quest reward, right?
Aanar
Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: [Holy Paladin] PvE Gear List (4.2)

Hmm, I made notes of all the quest rewards and didn't see them, but maybe I missed it.
Aanar
Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:41 am

Re: [Holy Paladin] PvE Gear List (4.2)

I dug around on Wowhead and there aren't any 378 holy gloves :( Bummer. I guess I might be able to find something to co-ordinates well enough.
Kelaan
Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:46 pm

Re: [Holy Paladin] PvE Gear List (4.2)

I think that's because you're expected to buy the Immolation ones with Justice points.
Aanar
Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:31 pm

Re: [Holy Paladin] PvE Gear List (4.2)

Hmmm, there's a chest for this set that's boe where there's a JP Immolation ones. There's legs that drop in the new 5 man, when there is also JP immolation ones. I agree the JP immolation gloves are fine as a fill in stat-wise, I guess I just really like the new plate 5 man gear models and was hoping there was a full set of the dark blue & gold trim holy one. Most of the 5 man sets seem to have a piece missing of some kind, the gloves slot is unfortently pretty high up in visibility for a tmog set.
poptart
Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:03 am

Re: [Holy Paladin] PvE Gear List (4.2)

Aanar wrote:Hmmm, there's a chest for this set that's boe where there's a JP Immolation ones. There's legs that drop in the new 5 man, when there is also JP immolation ones. I agree the JP immolation gloves are fine as a fill in stat-wise, I guess I just really like the new plate 5 man gear models and was hoping there was a full set of the dark blue & gold trim holy one. Most of the 5 man sets seem to have a piece missing of some kind, the gloves slot is unfortently pretty high up in visibility for a tmog set.


I believe that there are Strength gloves that match the Holy set and vice versa. Check to see if they match and then grat a set of them as "off-spec."

Poptart
Aanar
Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:59 am

Re: [Holy Paladin] PvE Gear List (4.2)

Thanks, but the 5 man str set is darkish red with gold trim. It's the same model as the holy (and tank) sets but the color is very different for each one.