Skip to content
Maintankadin

[Druid] Bear Discussion

bldavis
Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:51 pm

Re: [Druid] Bear Discussion

cerwillis wrote:
cerwillis wrote:I need to check my info on the armor comment.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble on this one, but we don't get armor from agi anymore. It happened the same time as it did for the other tanks. We just get to keep dodge from it.

Edit: (I just tested in game.)

.... /palm

i knew that too... i was having a huge brain fart today though

thanx for double checking that
Skye1013
Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:55 am

Re: [Druid] Bear Discussion

bldavis wrote:
cerwillis wrote:
cerwillis wrote:I need to check my info on the armor comment.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble on this one, but we don't get armor from agi anymore. It happened the same time as it did for the other tanks. We just get to keep dodge from it.

Edit: (I just tested in game.)

.... /palm

i knew that too... i was having a huge brain fart today though

thanx for double checking that

Agility trinkets are for dps!!! >.> <.<
Astronomic
Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:50 am

Re: [Druid] Bear Discussion

Not to worry skye bears can nab 2 nice 378 trinkets once they hit revered with the firelands people.

Also last time I tried on an armor trinket ( i think it was that one from vortex pinnacle) I got significantly less % additional mitigation than an equal ilvl trinket. I forget the stat but I jsut remember being non-plussed about it, imo The armor trinkets just dont give enough armor for me to care. The armor trinkets in wotlk were much beter.
Amirya
Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:53 am

Re: [Druid] Bear Discussion

No, Skye, agi trinkets are for threat only.
bldavis
Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:47 am

Re: [Druid] Bear Discussion

Amirya wrote:No, Skye, agi trinkets are for threat only.

/glare
Amirya
Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:44 pm

Re: [Druid] Bear Discussion

Oh noes, I'm being menaced by an angry kodo!

Please, Mr Kodo, don't go back to the kodo ranch and round up your kodo friends and stampede me! I was simply stating a well known PK fact - agi trinkets are for threat!
Skye1013
Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:10 am

Re: [Druid] Bear Discussion

Amirya wrote:Oh noes, I'm being menaced by an angry kodo!

Please, Mr Kodo, don't go back to the kodo ranch and round up your kodo friends and stampede me! I was simply stating a well known PK fact - agi trinkets are for threat!

Threat... DPS... for a tank that's basically the same thing, why split hairs?
bldavis
Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:35 am

Re: [Druid] Bear Discussion

ok for those that are reading this and going WTF

when i was first getting used to my bear as a tank (@ cata launch my warrior was going to be my main tank this xpack) the agil trinket dropped from BRC and i hit greed, while saying in vent "well that would be nice for threat"

this was what...5 months ago?
anyway....

on topic:
to all those who think the world (of warcraft) revolves around what paragon uses for world first kills, and those who think bears suck and shouldnt tank,
THEY USED A BEAR MT!!!! HA!

*gloats*
Mannstein
Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:34 am

Re: [Druid] Bear Discussion

bldavis wrote:to all those who think the world (of warcraft) revolves around what paragon uses for world first kills


You may be joking about this... but back when i was in Lightning Blade EU, i was called a nub and questioned on my mental capability since my shamam had a different talent tree from Paragon's. I learn that day that my lvl 23 Shamy didn't have a raiding ready spec...
/shame
Amirya
Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:53 am

Re: [Druid] Bear Discussion

bldavis wrote:ok for those that are reading this and going WTF

when i was first getting used to my bear as a tank (@ cata launch my warrior was going to be my main tank this xpack) the agil trinket dropped from BRC and i hit greed, while saying in vent "well that would be nice for threat"

He forgot the part that I was dead silent for a good 10 seconds while my brain tried to figure that one out.

And it went to a shaman.

Since then, all agility trinkets are for threat only.
bldavis
Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:15 pm

Re: [Druid] Bear Discussion

Mannstein wrote:
bldavis wrote:to all those who think the world (of warcraft) revolves around what paragon uses for world first kills


You may be joking about this... but back when i was in Lightning Blade EU, i was called a nub and questioned on my mental capability since my shamam had a different talent tree from Paragon's. I learn that day that my lvl 23 Shamy didn't have a raiding ready spec...
/shame

it was in response to something someone said in vent last night about shamans being worthless since paragon didnt use any on 25raghm

seriously, were feral druids OP for nef when they used wat 8 of them?
sure they were good, but it was a bug in the fight

paragon used what would help them get the kill with the mechanics of the fight
Rag is a fairly spread out fight, so if you have the choice of a holy priest a resto druid or a resto shammy for raid heals....
i would typically go for a holy priest/resto druid if ppl were having to be spread out at all

shammys are nice, but mostly for fights you dont have to spread out on
Levantine
Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:51 pm

Re: [Druid] Bear Discussion

Really? I'd just stack resto druids. Priests more more bound by proximity than you'd expect.

Also, who said Shaman are worthless? I'm gunna have to start not healing people I think.
Cogglamp
Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:14 am

Re: [Druid] Bear Discussion

Dream Paragon made some statements about shamans not being in the H: Rag kill and how they need some work. All the fanbois took it to another level on mmo and WoW forums on how shamans suck. You know, the typical knee jerk reaction.
lythac
Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:32 am

Re: [Druid] Bear Discussion

Mannstein wrote:You may be joking about this... but back when i was in Lightning Blade EU, i was called a nub and questioned on my mental capability since my shamam had a different talent tree from Paragon's. I learn that day that my lvl 23 Shamy didn't have a raiding ready spec...
/shame


OMG I LOOKED UP Lansoul on the armory and he has only had *24 expertise!!! Everyone tells me I need 26!!!!!!!!!!! He is in Vodka so IMA gonna get 24 cause that is what he has!!


*Pre Vodka's Heroic Ragnoras kill Landsoul was running with 24 expertise. Adds are lvl 87.
Aanar
Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:05 am

Re: [Druid] Bear Discussion

Which gems for R/Y/B slots do you use on your bear?
bldavis
Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:11 am

Re: [Druid] Bear Discussion

Red - Delicate (+40 agil)
Yellow - Puissant (+20 mastery/+20 stam)
Blue - Shifting (+20 agil/+20 stam)

assuming you are matching the socket bonuses
unless its a good bonus, just put delicates
you should get enough stam from enchants and gear until you are getting higher in progression, in which case you need to swap the delicates for shiftings and the shiftings for solids
Aanar
Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:30 am

Re: [Druid] Bear Discussion

If you're at the stage of using agility gems over the agi/stam ones for red sockets, wouldn't you also use Adept Ember Topaz (20 agi + 20 mast) for yellow sockets instead of the mast/stam ones?

Thanks for the help!
bldavis
Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:13 pm

Re: [Druid] Bear Discussion

Aanar wrote:If you're at the stage of using agility gems over the agi/stam ones for red sockets, wouldn't you also use Adept Ember Topaz (20 agi + 20 mast) for yellow sockets instead of the mast/stam ones?

Thanks for the help!

after consulting my armory (cause i just have a crap ton of gems already cut and plug the appropriate color in) i actually use polished for yellow sockets :shock: :oops:
Amirya
Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:18 pm

Re: [Druid] Bear Discussion

So what's Polished stats?
bldavis
Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:19 pm

Re: [Druid] Bear Discussion

Amirya wrote:So what's Polished stats?

+20 amazing/+20 sexy

i mean um +20 agil/+20 dodge
Amirya
Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:40 pm

Re: [Druid] Bear Discussion

bldavis wrote:+20 amazing/+20 sexy

No really, what are Polished stats? :lol:

Agility and Dodge seem pretty decent if you don't wear plate.
Astronomic
Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:16 pm

Re: [Druid] Bear Discussion

Eh, wearing plate is irrelevant. My Bear has alot more mitigation through armor than my DK.
Amirya
Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:27 pm

Re: [Druid] Bear Discussion

I have a pounding headadche, so I may not be remembering correctly, but...plate tanks don't get any benefit from agility as a stat, according to 4.2.

So no, wearing plate is not irrelevant when it comes to that particular gem cut.

(And if I'm wrong about the plate tanks and agility, please someone link what was actually said)
Astronomic
Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:50 pm

Re: [Druid] Bear Discussion

O, I misunderstood you. I thought you ment it like "You might want to dodge more so you don't get hit since you get hit harder"

I think its also funny how much people think bears dodge is greater than other classes. I'm more geared than my DK but my dodge is only about 2% greater than his dodge + parry and thats just cuz of my 2% NE racial. End-tier when diminishing returns have run there course on dodge/parry i can see that but atm at least between those classes its not different.
Amirya
Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: [Druid] Bear Discussion

Astronomic wrote:O, I misunderstood you. I thought you ment it like "You might want to dodge more so you don't get hit since you get hit harder"

Nah, he needs to dodge more so he doesn't have a pack of 5 or 6 charhounds eating his furry ass.

(They don't like the taste of plate, though. Or else the healers like me better than him!)