Thanks to this forum, I feel I have a very good grasp of what matters for ProtPVE gear but I am pretty clueless about PVP and in particular the resilience stat. If I play in battlegrounds casually, how much more "squishy" - if at all - I am in emblem of triumph Prot gear (a mix of ilevel 200 to 245 depending on slot) than if I were in PVP (Ret) gear? Can anyone help me quantify how much getting resilience would help me?
I understand that getting ret PVP gear would help even a Prot spec paladin do more damage (thanks to strength), but at the moment I am just thinking about the defensive side. I fall alarmingly quickly in most PVP fights and am wondering how much proper PvP gear would help. It doesn't really bother me, as I am just messing about, but I am thinking down the line of using accumulated honour and may be even some emblems to get PvP gear and wondering how much it will help.
As a BS, I made all the starter PVP gear but from I've read, I'd be better off in my emblem PVE gear - is that correct? The honour price tag on gladiator stuff is a little steep for a very occasional PVPer like myself, but ironically, could be quite affordable from PVE thanks to emblems. What level of resilience should one aim for? Are there any rough benchmarks - like "X resilience will increase survivability by Y%"?
I have no intention of doing arenas, but would just like to understand PvP gear as well as I understand PvE. Resilience is essentially a defensive stat like armour, stamina and ... erm ... defence, so in principle, one should be able to quantify their relative benefits. However, I have no idea whether giving up a PvE piece with X effective health is worth it to gain Y resilience. Anyone done the maths?
econ21
Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:02 am
