Great thread. There is indeed almost nothing to find about it, PvPing prot paladins are a rare breed. However, the ones who do PvP as prot are mostly people who know what they are doing. Paladin Protection PvP 85 does give some nice hits on YouTube

I have some experience with prot PvP in 2s, 3s and BGs. Currently I got myself the epic PvP shield and 3piece blue PvPgear (working on it, but PvE soaks up a lot of my time too).
What I usually do is sustain low damage, wait for my cooldowns (AS, Stun etc) and 3 holy power and combine all of those.
General tips:
Use Divine Protection alot. Its on 1min cooldown for a reason. Also be sure to use GoAK etc. when your opponent uses his damage cooldowns (a mage popping 3 clones of himself should ring a bell).
When there's a pet/mob on you, use them to generate holy power when your opponent is out of melee range.
When facing opponents who can not heal you should be able to outlast them with WoG on every 3 holy power.
When facing opponents who can heal you should be able to bust them with several cooldowns combined (AS, Wings, Stun, DP etc.)
When you know youre going to use e.g. AS/judgement/HoW/HW there is no need to be in meleerange when facing a melee opponent.
Try to avoid healers/prot opponents 1vs1 as this will take rediculous amounts of time.
I got some questions too, maybe other prot PvPers can help out here.
What heals do you use when bubbled/LoS etc.? I found our heals to pretty much suck except WoG. They either OOM us or just dont heal alot.
How do you guys handle frostmages?

They got all benefits of kiters but dont got the pet to abuse. I probably suck most against skilled mages.