Skip to content
Maintankadin

Two and A Half Weeks of Spirit Beast Hunting

Dianora
Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:53 am

Two and A Half Weeks of Spirit Beast Hunting

I stumbled upon Karoma two and a half weeks ago while flying from Thundermar to go back to Stormwind. That gave me the inspiration to go after the rest of the tameable Spirit Beast. Ghostcrawler was next, followed by Loque'nahak, Gondria and the last two I tame within 5 hours of each other, Skoll and Arcturis. What other pet should I go after next? One thing I didn't do is to camp spawn point. I just patrol the spawn point once, and move on to the next pet.

Image
Gerunna
Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:08 am

Re: Two and A Half Weeks of Spirit Beast Hunting

By my count, you've got all the spirit beasts currently in game. If you haven't already, I'd just go hit up Petopia to see what pet has a buff your raid is missing, or rather just what looks the coolest to you.
Dianora
Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:27 pm

Re: Two and A Half Weeks of Spirit Beast Hunting

Gerunna wrote:By my count, you've got all the spirit beasts currently in game. If you haven't already, I'd just go hit up Petopia to see what pet has a buff your raid is missing, or rather just what looks the coolest to you.


This hunter doesn't get to raid unless we're short dps. I'm thinking about replacing the Core Hound I got from Shadowmoon Valley with a white color one.
bldavis
Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: Two and A Half Weeks of Spirit Beast Hunting

i think if you get a corehoud, tame chromagnus

the white one is nice, but super easy to get (lvl 12 mob? really?)
i still get whispers about my chromaggie when i play BM

the other pets your could go for are ones like samba, the rare spawn lion-skin cat, but it seems every hunter and thier uncle is going for that one, or has it, so im not even bothering, besides my cat is the one i tamed at lvl 10
Dianora
Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:15 pm

Re: Two and A Half Weeks of Spirit Beast Hunting

bldavis wrote:i think if you get a corehoud, tame chromagnus

the white one is nice, but super easy to get (lvl 12 mob? really?)
i still get whispers about my chromaggie when i play BM

the other pets your could go for are ones like samba, the rare spawn lion-skin cat, but it seems every hunter and thier uncle is going for that one, or has it, so im not even bothering, besides my cat is the one i tamed at lvl 10


Already got Sambas. Madexx is next.
halabar
Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:54 am

Re: Two and A Half Weeks of Spirit Beast Hunting

Let's see...

You didn't mention Gondria, so if you wanted all the Spirit Beasts, go get her (allthough I personally can't stand the model, so I've dropped her).

Chromaggus is an excellent Corehound choice. My second would be the one from Blasted Lands, which looks a little nicer than the SMV ones.

Have you looked at the rare Silithid wasp models? Lots of choices now.

Ahh.. Madexx. If you want a specific color, it's likely the hardest tame in the game, as so hard to find. the 5 colors share the same respawn timer, so it's worse than camping for TLPD. I'm still chasing the blue skin, even though I have green and red tamed already.

There's always King Krush as well, and Aotona.

Still hoping for a new spirit beast in 4.1, allthough we might not get it till 4.2.
Skye1013
Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:15 pm

Re: Two and A Half Weeks of Spirit Beast Hunting

So... as far as the spirit beasts are concerned which pets are which?

Skoll - Wolf
Ghostcrawler - Crab
Loque'nahak - Cat
Gondria - ?
Arcturis - Bear?
Any I'm missing - ?


Also:
Dianora wrote:Ghostcrawler was next, followed by Loque'nahak, Gondria and the last two I tame within 5 hours of each other, Skoll and Arcturis.
bldavis
Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:53 pm

Re: Two and A Half Weeks of Spirit Beast Hunting

Gondria is cat model
and
Kamora - wolf (looks like ghost wolf form for shammies)
at least according to wow-petopia
Skye1013
Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:34 am

Re: Two and A Half Weeks of Spirit Beast Hunting

bldavis wrote:Gondria is cat model
and
Kamora - wolf (looks like ghost wolf form for shammies)
at least according to wow-petopia

I see... so I need to hunt down Kamora then... I love wolf pets, and I love Ghost Wolf form... so seems like a win/win. Though I'm wondering about being a Worgen with a Wolf pet and wielding the Wolfslayer Sniper Rifle (from Kara.) Just need to get the BBW paws and I'll be set! :D
Gerunna
Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:53 am

Re: Two and A Half Weeks of Spirit Beast Hunting

Hmm, in that case I'd maybe look at getting Terropene or one of the rare devilsaur skins like King Krush.
Fetzie
Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:12 am

Re: Two and A Half Weeks of Spirit Beast Hunting

IF you can make it online, most rare spawns are reset when the servers come up after maintenance.
Flex
Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:12 am

Re: Two and A Half Weeks of Spirit Beast Hunting

I dislike Kamora as it steals the model from the temporarily tameable ghost wolf from the Grimtotem in Duskwallow Marsh. Back in TBC guildie hunter went through the process to tame that before they removed it.
Dianora
Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:56 am

Re: Two and A Half Weeks of Spirit Beast Hunting

Gerunna wrote:Hmm, in that case I'd maybe look at getting Terropene or one of the rare devilsaur skins like King Krush.



I've been parking my toon at Terrorpene's spawn point for a week, no dice.
Dianora
Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:10 pm

Re: Two and A Half Weeks of Spirit Beast Hunting

Image

Got it yesterday after upgrading my netbook (so I can do fishing while stuck in boring meeting)
Dianora
Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: Two and A Half Weeks of Spirit Beast Hunting

Image

Jadefang

I think I got all of the low hanging fruits rare pet for now. Now I'm actually going to get the shale spider companion pet for my main.