Hi I am an officer in my guild, and we are pushing for heroics at the moment. We are currently being held back by frequent deaths by one particular DK tank (who was recruited as our main tank).
The healers find him really difficult to keep alive, with him dropping from close to full health to dead in very little time
Here is a URL of his armory page
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dathremar/calìane/simple
I have also included a worldoflogs parse of our first successful heroic halfus kill
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-zecjp ... boss=44600
Now I freely admit tha I am a true DPSer at heart and know little about tanking. Despite this, I have undertaken to look at his spec / gemming / rotations from my reading at elitist jerks. I just wanted to check my observations before I bring the issue to his attention.
Firstly my issues with his spec is his selection of the On the pale horse - this seems to be a purely PVP choice. Also I am not sure why he is missing blood parasites - that seems pretty awesome for healing melee, and less heals on melee means more heals on tank. Also both suggested specs from elitist jerks have at least two points in endemic - is there a reason to skip this talent. We are reasonably melee heavy, so I would prefer him to miss the interrupt talent to focus on survivability
His glyph choice of Death strike is geared towards threat, but given he goes spat - I would have thought death coil would be better.
Looking at his log of the heroic parses it seems he doesn't put up diseases for most of the 8 attempts. According to my analysis he put up frost fever three time in 8 fights, and blood plague once. He starts the fight tanking a drake with no one else on it so he can't rely on other people to put up those debuffs.
He doesn't seem to use rune tap or blood tap much at all. I am not 100% sure if his use of cool downs is appropriate.
This issue has really come to a head as we have recruited another warrior tank, who despite much poorer gear is able to survive fights with ease, where as the DK drops like a sack despite him being in full epics.
I would love to know your opinions incase I am off the mark, as we are interested in helping him reach his full potential, rather than benching him
Thanks in advance
Sidieon
Fri May 20, 2011 6:11 pm
