Skip to content
Maintankadin

My latest random leveling fun.

Shoju
Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:56 am

My latest random leveling fun.

After Cataclysm dropped, I decided I wanted to try a goblin, so I rolled a female Goblin Warrior, and in homage to a good friend who know longer plays the game, named her after a flower; Pitunia. Thanks to the first round of Guild XP boost, + the chest and shoulders, I was level 15 before I left the goblin starting area. So I decided that I would run this toon up to 85 solely in dungeons + gathering. Well, I got tired of gathering in the 20's because I was leveling so fast in dungeons, that gathering just meant I was taking time away from dungeoning to work on that.

So I decided to take my super awesome warrior tailoring / enchanting. Why not? So, from 27 on, I NEVER left a major city, unless I was travelling to.... A major city! Some highlights of the journey.

  • I had "The Diplomat" AMBASSADOR (I always get those confused.) before I left for outland.
  • I have done 2 cooking dailies in Org, both to ding a level. (level 40, and level 85)
  • Once I had my Hobgoblin in Org, the only quests I did until 2 blocks from 85:

    2 cooking dailies.
    dungeon quests.

    with 2 blocks to go, I decided to do Crucible of Carnage. Seemed like a good idea right?! Uh... When you haven't done quests, Twilands is a long flight from the Blasted Lands away. I ended up 50k XP short of level 85. So I hearthed back to Org, and did the aforementioned Cooking daily.
  • I was capped on Justice Points by the time I dinged 84.
  • I have 5days and 9 hours played on the character.
  • Since I didn't quest, I'm now going to open up all teh cata reps to friendly, while doing dailies for dragonmaw, and questing out twilands.
  • When I dinged 85, with a trip to the AH to spend my dungeon money on a pair of bracers (400g), and shoulders + Shield from the JP vendor, I'm now rocking a 333 AVG Ilvl, and can queue straight away for heroics.
  • Fist Weapons + Fem Goblins = Much Hilarity in Combat animations.

The plan now is to get her revered with Earthen Ring, Honored with Therazane, and then get her ready for Z's. The Next toon that I level will be my Druid, so that I can have all 4 tank classes at 85.

Character is linked in sig for funny laughs at her gear.
Flex
Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:09 am

Re: My latest random leveling fun.

The Diplomat:
Exalted with Kurenai/Mag'har, Timbermaw Hold and Sporeggar

You probably mean Ambassador.
Shoju
Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:19 am

Re: My latest random leveling fun.

Yeah, that's what I meant.
bldavis
Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:29 am

Re: My latest random leveling fun.

so that was YOU that got me the invites...
ty btw

and i am also on a quest to get all tanking classes up to 85
DK is 83 now, and Pally is on a diff server (that i almost never play anymore...but i am leveling a new one!)
Shyrtandros
Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:42 am

Re: My latest random leveling fun.

bldavis wrote:so that was YOU that got me the invites...
ty btw

and i am also on a quest to get all tanking classes up to 85
DK is 83 now, and Pally is on a diff server (that i almost never play anymore...but i am leveling a new one!)


I had all tanking classes geared to handle at least basic raids during wrath, been to lazy to move them to 85 :|
Shoju
Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:04 am

Re: My latest random leveling fun.

bldavis wrote:so that was YOU that got me the invites...
ty btw

and i am also on a quest to get all tanking classes up to 85
DK is 83 now, and Pally is on a diff server (that i almost never play anymore...but i am leveling a new one!)


you must have missed my BLDAVIS IS A GIANT JERK! in gchat :(
bldavis
Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:21 am

Re: My latest random leveling fun.

:shock:
/sob
/wrists


i did miss it somehow, but i did catch the NO! NO INVITE FOR YOU!
at which point i thought you were halabar....
Shoju
Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:34 am

Re: My latest random leveling fun.

Just remember, only officers can invite.
bldavis
Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:38 am

Re: My latest random leveling fun.

well there is that...and the fact that halabar is a realid friend... /facepalm
Shoju
Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:45 am

Re: My latest random leveling fun.

Looking over the statistics of my warrior, I forgot that I also pvp'd at 60 and 70 for the shields. Whoops! Not much pvp, just enough to buy the shields and move on.