Looking for a holy priest who can give me a breakdown on when you use what spells, chakra states, holy word spells, and what not.
And, the million dollar question. Do you ever use PW:S?
Shoju
Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:30 pm

Shoju wrote:It has been interesting so far. I HATE Disc right now. I don't like the smite / holy fire to heal mechanics. It doesn't feel interesting. It feels... half baked after watching the Smite heal that is supposed to be smart heal stupid.
Nikachelle wrote:Shoju wrote:It has been interesting so far. I HATE Disc right now. I don't like the smite / holy fire to heal mechanics. It doesn't feel interesting. It feels... half baked after watching the Smite heal that is supposed to be smart heal stupid.
You don't have to spec into that to heal as disc.
Levantine wrote:Atonement is an option for Disc, not a requirement. If you legitimately needed healing to be done you should have been using your heals and not smiting and hoping Atonement picks the right target.
Anyways, Holy Word Sanctuary is massively niche in it's use. If you can't preplace it you're better off forsaking it for PoH/CoH spam. CoH is awesome. ProM is godlike. You will generally be running in Sanctuary for raids, Holy Priests are the weakest single target healer atm from what I've seen. On the bright side, between our AoE heals and Sanctuary we're really really good at AoE healing.
Serenity isn't bad at all, it's just outshined in a lot of situations. The ability to roll renew is hot and Holy Word is ballin too.
Shoju wrote:If it were a life and death situation, yes. I would have been using a 'real' heal. But, the dps stood in something, took half health as damage, and then my smite I was casting went off, and hit the tank, not healing the DPS, but overhealing the tank. I just couldn't do it.
Amirya wrote:Shoju wrote:If it were a life and death situation, yes. I would have been using a 'real' heal. But, the dps stood in something, took half health as damage, and then my smite I was casting went off, and hit the tank, not healing the DPS, but overhealing the tank. I just couldn't do it.
What kind of dps was it? If it's melee, should not have been an issue, at all. But if it was ranged, it's very possible the dps was out of range. I find that I usually have to move closer to the tank in order for my smites to heal me if I need it.
Dantriges wrote:The rogue ddn´t want to repent and atone.
Cogglamp wrote:No, it's a valid question since spells like Flash of Light and Healing Surge aren't really used that often in the other healing classes.
(I have no idea if the druid's version of it is used. . .swiftmend?!)
I certainly don't abuse Flash Heal as my mana pool can't sustain it but it's definitely useful when I can predict/time a burst AoE healing spree. It all depends on the fight but if you had me put a percentage of usage on those spells it would probably be something like 50/35/15 for Heal/Gheal/Flash Heal. That includes SoL procs as well.