Now that my Holy Paladin is just about fully VP geared, I plan on working on my baby Prot Warrior and will see him ding level 85 in a couple of weeks. Using the Failsafe Gear guide along with a few other things, this is the "I just dinged level 85 one hour ago" gear list that I came up with:
Head: 390 Ruthless Gladiator's Plate Helm, Mastery, 2,200 Honor Points (obtained while leveling)
Neck: 378 Twilight Amulet, Mastery/Dodge, BoE on AH
Shoulders: 359 BoE Shoulder, Mastery/Parry, BoE on AH
Cloak: 365 Mantle of Patience, Mastery/Dodge, Thrall Quest Line
Chest: 377 Vicious Pyrium Breastplate, Mastery, Crafted
Wrist: 378 Gigaform Bracers, Mastery/Hit, BoE from JP
Hands: 378 Eternal Elementium Handguards, Mastery/Parry, Crafted
Waist: 359 Hardened Elementium Girdle, Mastery/Dodge, Crafted
Legs: 378 Legguards of the Molten Giant, Mastery/Parry, 2,200 Justice Points (obtained while leveling from level 80 - 85)
Feet: 378 Mirrored Boots, Mastery/Parry, Crafted
Weapon: 365 Unbreakable Guardian, Mastery/Parry, Crafted
Shield: 359 Elementium Earthguard, Mastery/Hit, Crafted
Ring #1: 346 Felsen's Ring of Resolve, Mastery/Dodge, Revered Therazane
Ring #2: 346 Elementium Moebius Band, Mastery/Dodge, Crafted
Relic: 346 Notched Jawbone, Mastery/Hit, Crafted
- Need to run some Battlegrounds to gain the Honor Points for 1 piece
- Need to run instances to gain Justice Points for 1 piece
- Need to gain Revered rep with Therazane
- Need to do Thrall Level 85 Quest Line
- Everything else is gold.
Cata questing line goes Vash ==> Deepholme ==> Instances.
This gets me to about 368 item level gearing which is more than enough to run the 4.3 5-man instances for 378 gear for those slots that don't have it.
A couple of questions:
#1 = Anyone see any obvious upgrades that I should aim for instead? Weakest slots are, obviously, rings and trinkets.
#2 = On that note, what easy to obtain trinkets are out there? I am at a bit of a loss to find trinkets that fit well with a "failsafe, just dinged" mindset. This toon is a Blacksmith / Engineer.
#3 = Do I need to quest at all in Hyjal to open up the Trall Quest Line? I don't need Molten Front stuff, just the Thrall Quest Line.
Poptart
poptart
Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:04 pm
