Skip to content
Maintankadin

Herald of the Titans

Fenrìr
Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:28 am

Herald of the Titans

So...myself and another guildie are trying to get a couple of toons up for this achievement. As I'm going with a hunter, is there any advice for spec/reforging tips/rotation? I know the abilities all revolve around being 85, but I'm trying to maximize what I got.

Currently I'm going Survival with my rotation being Black Arrow > Serpent Sting > Explosive Shot > Steady shot > arcane shot. If I get a Lock and Load proc, I do a ES with a Steady weaved between the two to allow the 2 sec dot to tick.

I'm also going to look at favoring Crit > Haste > mastery.

Britomarttis on Sargeras is my alt. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... s/advanced

Does any of this sound right?
Mannstein
Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:23 am

Re: Herald of the Titans

I thought Herald of the titans was only related to iLVL.

Does it check if you are a lvl80 or 85?

(at work now, can't check)
lythac
Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:36 am

Re: Herald of the Titans

Herald of the Titans

"Defeat Algalon the Observer in 10-player mode at level 80 without anyone in the raid wearing any equipment with an item level higher than is available in 10-player Ulduar."

"You shall be granted the title "Herald of the Titans" "
Kelaan
Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:56 pm

Re: Herald of the Titans

So, bascially you want to take a toon, level through most of 80 in Hyjal to get gear to farm Ulduar WITH, and then lock your XP gains to stay level 80 while you gather gear. Then, put on that gear and go beat him? :) Sounds like quite an undertaking, but OpenRaid should help.
bldavis
Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:20 pm

Re: Herald of the Titans

Kelaan wrote:So, bascially you want to take a toon, level through most of 80 in Hyjal to get gear to farm Ulduar WITH, and then lock your XP gains to stay level 80 while you gather gear. Then, put on that gear and go beat him? :) Sounds like quite an undertaking, but OpenRaid should help.

um...
the level 80 gear is ICC+ ilvl so you wouldnt be able to use it for HotT
Amirya
Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:37 pm

Re: Herald of the Titans

What?

Did Ulduar and Naxxramas and Obsidian Sanctum and Eye of Eternity quit handing out gear?

edited because I can't get names right today
bldavis
Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:44 pm

Re: Herald of the Titans

oh misread....
oops

and i meant the gear from hyjal
Amirya
Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:45 pm

Re: Herald of the Titans

I don't think you read the post correctly.

Get the Hyjal gear, wear it to go back and farm Ulduar for appropriate ilvl gear to obtain HoT, then when it's time, don the appropriate ilvl gear to get HoT.

Not "use Hyjal gear to get HoT."
bldavis
Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:49 pm

Re: Herald of the Titans

Amirya wrote:I don't think you read the post correctly.

Get the Hyjal gear, wear it to go back and farm Ulduar for appropriate ilvl gear to obtain HoT, then when it's time, don the appropriate ilvl gear to get HoT.

Not "use Hyjal gear to get HoT."

like i said...i misread :?
the last line was to clarify what i meant in response to you
Skye1013
Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:59 pm

Re: Herald of the Titans

I do wonder how the changes for 5.0 are going to affect trying to get this. Any thoughts on if it might be easier/harder?
Darielle
Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:12 pm

Re: Herald of the Titans

It'll be easier. The tools that people will have at 80 will be hilarious. A Bear at 80 using Ulduar gear using Savage Defense might just be unhittable when he/she uses Savage Defense. Raid damage will be much easier to handle, and many classes/spec who don't have personal cd's now will have them.

I'm also going to look at favoring Crit > Haste > mastery.


Follow basic Survival stuff. When you meet the threshold, MAstery should still outdo Haste even at 80 when Cobra isn't available.
Skye1013
Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: Herald of the Titans

How much mastery will actually be available with only reforging and gems as the source? That is assuming you can get LK mastery gems.
lythac
Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:54 am

Re: Herald of the Titans

Kelaan wrote:So, bascially you want to take a toon, level through most of 80 in Hyjal to get gear to farm Ulduar WITH, and then lock your XP gains to stay level 80 while you gather gear. Then, put on that gear and go beat him? :) Sounds like quite an undertaking, but OpenRaid should help.


The title goes account wide and as you can only attain it at level 80 and requires some work it means the title is fairly unique.

Also you don't have to farm Ulduar that much, can do the Heroic ICC 5 mans for a 232 weapon and the regular ICC 5 mans for 219 gear, which with new talents and increased player power are more than enough to beat the encounter. With one 85 boosting four 80s through the ICC 5mans the gear comes fast. Can also get 226 tier from justice points which you obtain fastest by running the Cata level 80 dungeons.
KysenMurrin
Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:26 am

Re: Herald of the Titans

Does that work? I seem to remember ilevel 232 gear from the ToC raid not being eligible toward the achievement, despite being below Ulduar hard mode ilevel.
Rhiannon
Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:36 am

Re: Herald of the Titans

KysenMurrin wrote:Does that work? I seem to remember ilevel 232 gear from the ToC raid not being eligible toward the achievement, despite being below Ulduar hard mode ilevel.


Ulduar 10 hardmode ilevel = 232 for weapons, 226 for everything else. Source is irrelevant, as long as it meets those ilevel constraints it'll work so he's correct.
Darielle
Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:16 pm

Re: Herald of the Titans

Skye1013 wrote:How much mastery will actually be available with only reforging and gems as the source? That is assuming you can get LK mastery gems.


There are no LK Mastery gems. The way Mastery worked with ratings, it was easy to get ~20 Mastery at lvl 80, but at the time 4.0 hit, all my characters were well beyond ICC-entry, so I imagine at the Ulduar level, around 14-16 Mastery? Although he certainloy won't have quite that much because Mastery wouldn't be his main focus.
Skye1013
Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: Herald of the Titans

Might not be his main focus, but I highly doubt he'll be soloing this achievement ;).

**Yes, I realize the discussion is more or less about him, but there might be others out there that are looking to do this, so I'm trying to avoid focusing entirely on a hunter's perspective.
Kelaan
Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:07 am

Re: Herald of the Titans

Cool tip re: farming gear faster, and the impact of new talents. GREAT points in fact. Makes me want to do it. Pity my warrior JUST DINGED 81. :(
rodos
Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:41 pm

Re: Herald of the Titans

Has anyone done this via OpenRaid? Any feedback? I locked a druid at 80 a while ago to try it with some guildies but interest waned. I'd like to get it done and level the toon up for Mists.

What kind of gear level is required to have a decent chance of success? It was mentioned on the previous page that 226 JP gear + 232 weap/oh + 219 to fill gaps is enough. Any comments on that? It would seem that's pretty easy to obtain, even solo (with LFG).
Fenrìr
Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:39 am

Re: Herald of the Titans

eh, solo running myself through the ICC 5 mans was pretty quick and painless. Don't neglect crafted gear either.
Teranoid
Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:24 am

Re: Herald of the Titans

rodos wrote:Has anyone done this via OpenRaid? Any feedback? I locked a druid at 80 a while ago to try it with some guildies but interest waned. I'd like to get it done and level the toon up for Mists.

What kind of gear level is required to have a decent chance of success? It was mentioned on the previous page that 226 JP gear + 232 weap/oh + 219 to fill gaps is enough. Any comments on that? It would seem that's pretty easy to obtain, even solo (with LFG).


The only ones that absolutely need anything close to full herald gear are tanks and possibly healers. Mastery/cata flask+food makes this an absolute joke so long as everyone knows the fight.

I'd say buy what you can with JP and possibly crafted stuff. Maybe see if you can bum a reg Uld run just to fill in some spots and then go.