Nikachelle wrote:I'm trying to prepare for MoP, and I don't really want to tank my way to 90 (killing level 85 mobs at the moment is slow enough), but I've never DPSed as a warrior before. Which dps spec is better/easier to learn? Rotation? Spec? Any advice would be appreciated.
Should probably put this in the beta forum, I know how to dps on live but I've no idea what's changed in beta. Fury is a mind-numbingly simple spec to play on live (but also can't pull the numbers arms can most of the time), arms is a lot more interesting and has more potential depth, though to be moderately competent isn't hard.
Basic live single target fury is: Bloodthirst every other gcd, colossus smash > raging blow > slam proc in free gcds, HS on high rage (preferably when colossus smash is up).
Basic live single target arms is: Get rend up early, mortal strike on cd, colossus smash > overpower > slam in free gcds, don't clip colossus smash. There's further subtleties and optimal timings on dps cds, and you can change stances to spend most of your time in berserker, only going battle for overpower (and rend) if you want to get advanced, but it's not something worth spending time on as it'll be changing in a couple of weeks.