Auracle wrote: Some tidbits from my own, very basic, observations:
1) I wasn't comfortable for raids until I had ~10k+ in-combat regen (~9000 static spirit)
That is an excellent rule of thumb. I currently only have about 5.5k static Spirit in 455 gearing so it appears that I need to figure out how to boost that well. Do you typically use a Spirit flask when raiding?
Auracle wrote: 5) For stack AoE fights, I have found Light's Hammer tops out Prism by a huge margin.
I will have to give it a try for when I get to raids. For 5-mans, there does not seem to be any "stack" phases in many fights.
Auracle wrote: 7) Flash sees little use for me now, due to its exorbitant mana cost.
About the only compelling reason I see for FoL is if you choose to glyph it in order to add a +10% heal to your next heal on that target (tank). If, then, the tank is low, you FoL him and then DL him in order to get the boost. I don't find it very compelling but it is perhaps viable in some situations.
Auracle wrote: The mana-management game is back in full force for healers it looks like, and I'm loving it.
Yeah, I don't know that they have gotten all the way to the "triage" model yet where many in the raid/party are not fully healed up for long portions of the fight and you are struggling to keep people above 50% health. But, certainly, if you don't watch your mana now, you will be OOM before you can believe it and it is at least a step in the direction of making some spell choices "interesting."
IS