Skip to content
Maintankadin

WoD Retribution?

Arjuna
Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:55 am

WoD Retribution?

Heya!

So having been forced into retributin' stuff instead of tanking, how do I go about this then?

Can't find any recent stuff on EJ, Icy Veins seems like there are some info missing and Noxxic has gotten things wrong now and again. Anyone Know of a decent page? I've heard something about a 8% haste cap to reach (15% with buffs) but haven't seen any math or explanation about it anywhere.

I'm doing decent enough in raids, I just want to know if I could do more perhaps...
Worldie
Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:05 am

Re: WoD Retribution?

Icyveins infos are quite up to date currently. As far as I remind it's about spamming Mastery and Haste until you vomit.
golfinguy
Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:12 pm

Re: WoD Retribution?

Ya, EJ has gone quite quiet. Icy Veins isn't always up to date or gets into too many details, but is generally OK for Ret.

Seems most of the traffic and work for Ret is on MMO-Champion these days.

The haste to 15% (raid buffed) is in there, but is not largely backed up with stats/math as far as I know. More of a 'feels right' or 'seems right' at the moment. Mastery is supreme, as it is supposed to be (attunement).

And talent choices seem to be more fight dependent or gameplay preferred choices - which is good IMO.

After being 'broken' when Cata launched and being a tank since - I'm running as Ret again, for the first time since Wrath, and it feels good (topping the raid damage, or in the top 3 for every fight with my guild). I'm still the 3rd/alternate/fill-in tank though.
Arjuna
Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:16 pm

Re: WoD Retribution?

Thanks for the info guys, I gotta go take a more thourough look at mmoc then...

Yeah, I would top the dps in our raids if I didn't have three hunters above me... :(

I specced back to tank offspec now from holy, I couldn't handle all those shiny lights everywhere :P