Skip to content
Maintankadin

The Sun Eater

Lore
Thu May 24, 2007 6:04 am
If threat's not a concern, mana probably won't be either.

Also, from my experiences thus far, if you're mitigating so much that you're not getting the mana you need back, you can afford to pop a mana pot instead of a healing pot.
_________________
Me, LOL!
Phaex
Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:10 pm
Got one with mongoose, using it as the mainweapon.
I switch to the lower city hammer with spelldamage when more frontload is needed.

But still thinking about getting Kings Defender and putting spelldam on it too as a 3rd. To carry it around as the all in one solution for daily usage. ; ]
Due to its +hit it should fill the gap just fine, produce some threat and give some avoidance too.
_________________
Girard
Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:27 pm
I got one the other week and I slapped on mongoose as well. Haven't had a chance to test this baby in a serious fight tho.

So my current rotation will be..
1) Start off w/ Sun Eater until the DPS is about to hit my mob (threat lead and avoidance here matters more(
2) Switch to Gavel of Unearthed Secrets for the nice burst threat it provides when the DPS hits and I have more healer attention.

740TPS vs 934TPS makes for niceness =)
Aurica
Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:37 pm
I burst out consecrate, holyshield, jor when AW is on push my threat up and swap my Battlemaster Suneater in, put jol and run sor while spamming consecrate.

Not the most preferred enchantment but oh well, i wanted to experiment with it. Since we dont get hots very much, reverb means all our healers cant heal. The JoL and BM proc does help a bit, funny that it can crit sometimes even.
_________________
DJSticky
Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:20 pm
I have a Sun Eater with mongoose, I use my CB to start every pull and build a threat lead. I mormaly only use the Suneater on Phase 2+ prince, NB after I have a threat lead post landing, Maulgar and Gruul.

Sometimes if I"m bored and want to see mongoose procs I'll go pure warrior gear and SoB tank everything. Doesn't work as well on trash as SoR + Spell damage but it doesn't nerf me to bad.
_________________
Kyroro
Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:23 am
Sun Eater with Mongoose is awesome. But you probably need to have your SD weapon with the Sun Eater on your hotbar so you can switch the two on whim. Definitely when you're starting a pull, trash or generating threat... you definitely want the lead in threat and that should be your SD weapon. But once you start taking a LOT of damage, time to switch.

But I just gotta say the Sun Eater with Mongoose procs is just... awesome. I used it all throughout the HKM fight, and my healers definitely had an easier time. When Mongoose procs my dodge shot past 30%. It's too bad that we can't use this weapon 100% of the time like warriors.
_________________

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-sheet.xml?r=Draenor&n=Kyroro
Doriangray
Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:42 am
I just got one myself today. Also, I'm the next in line for a King's Defender, but I'm not sure whether I should be waiting to enchant the Sun Eater just for a sidegrade which KD probably is, and that I might get now, or in 3 months.

So, the question is: go Mongoose? I don't like the idea that it's a proc based enchant. I'm thinking 20 agility, as available from the Violet Eye at exalted come 2.2, might be a good option?
_________________
Ciandin
Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:02 am

Noob Question

A noobish question relating to tanking weapons, but would Honor's Call from Honor Hold rep be a worthwhile investment until coming across a Sun Eater?
Mahale
Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:54 am
in the past I had heard that mongoose was better than 15 agi or anything else, yet no one here is mentioning it. I just got a sun eater this week and have yet to enchant it. Luckily I'm an enchanter and the void crystals aren't an issue so please do enlighten me Very Happy
_________________
Chevalier
Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:15 pm
I just got a Sun Eater in a heroic mech run today, is it really worth enchanting with mongoose and using?
_________________