Skip to content
Maintankadin

How many different gear set do you have?

Anubisknight
Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:34 pm
Should an OT (starting MH and BT this week) have any resist sets? If so, which ones and what fights/bosses?

Thanks in advance.
_________________
Worldie
Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:47 pm
Main Tanking
Pure spelldamage
Block Value
Avoidance
Max EH
Illidan specific
RoS specific
Shahraz OT
Fire Resist
Shadow Resist
Nature Resist
Frost Resist
Arcane Resist (never used actually)
Mixed Frost/Nature resist
Holy
Retribution
Roleplay gear
Pink gear

That's what my itemrack says. I'd kill myself should i lose the config...
_________________

rodos
Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:45 pm
LOL at naked set. I wish I had enough bag space for a naked set.

I think I have:
- Main Tank
- Max Stam (crushable, for Nalorakk)
- Trash tank
- Healing
- Fishing (Seth's pole, Nat's Hat & Boots, Linen Gloves +2 fishing, and Blue Overalls)

Maybe I have a max spell in there too, I can't remember.
_________________
Diocaska
Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:45 am
Healing - Spellcrit focused. With banked MP5 items.

Loldps - My retribution set.

Scarlet Mon. - 6/6 SM, Herods Helm, His axe, Ragesteel pauldrons, SM Tabard.

Tanking sets:

Balance: Mixed avoidance, usually one I have up in armory.

AoE: Concecration libram, spelldamage/block rating/block value focused.

Block Value set: Aimed towards maxing block value

High Avoidance: As said, for fights I like max avoidance.

Big numbers set: Set build for making my stamina big. Probably crushable, but built for big numbers. XD

Fire res set: Not fully developed

Half Hydross set: Not fully developed

Ironforge set: Tux, Judgement helm. With verying different gear/trinkets ^_^
_________________

ZA 6/6

Shir: ye 8 is the stop fucking resisting my taunts bastard button
Amirya
Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:43 am
Ummm...

tanking

healing (stays in the bank)

That's really it. If I want to dps, I have a mage and a hunter I can haul out. And since my server seems to have a shortage of tanks, I usually don't have an issue with a pug.
_________________
Guild Main Tank
Annabelle
Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:11 am
1) Tank
2) Healing
3) Spell damage
4) Block
6) frost/nature for hydros adds
6) around town

The block and resist sets are in the bank til I need them. When I take the block set out I put the healing and spell damage sets in for more bag space for suplicant farming.
_________________

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that do not.
gworroll
Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:22 pm

Re: How many different gear set do you have?

I use ItemRack.

I have my raid tanking set.

I have my five man tanking set.

I have a max spelldamage set, that is what it says, the highest spell damage I can reach with the gear I own. This isn't acutally used, it's a baseline set I build other sets off of.

I have a PvE single target set.

I have an AoE farming set.

I have a PvP combat set.

I have a PvE healing set.

I have a PvP healing set.

I have an around town RP set.
_________________
Minn
Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:16 pm
Boss-MaxEH
Boss-MaxTP (more avoidance pieces)
PvPHeal
PvEHeal
MaxBV (I end up using this for Karazhan these days, also Heroics)
EpicBV (halfway between MaxBV and MaxEH, just subbed out some of the blue block pieces for epics)
FlagRunner (Woo! Rocket Boots Extreme, PvP trinket, Parachute Cloak, Nifty Stopwatch)
_________________
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Medivh&n=Minn
Aurica
Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:31 pm
Tanking Set 1 (High Stamina / Uncrushable)
Tanking Set 2 (High Threat / Crushable)
Healing Set
Frost Resist Set
_________________
Knaughty
Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:50 pm
Generic raid tanking (balanced with EH leanings, but I match sockets)

Avoidance set (still working on it, 90% overlap with above)

Block value for AE tanking. 630-ish ATM, but once I blow my badges, 800-1k.

Uncrushable Threat (VR)

5-man (crushable, but more than enough for heroics, max threat consistent with tanking level heroics and Attumen/Moroes)

Healbot (1,500-ish)

Hydross OT (mixed frost/nature)

A nature resist and frost resist set which is half the above with my tanking gear mixed back in.

Fire (nearly to cap+uncrush at same time)

Spelldamage

No significant SR set yet, it's next.
_________________
--

Tuberon
Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:58 am
Avoidance
Heal
General
Ret
Karabor
_________________

Gracerath
Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:05 am
I try to keep it simple but it never works. I'll be adding another set soon as we make all of our shadow resist gears and I've been trying to build a ret set but thats not going so hot. I use outfitter.

AE tank (was under 490 def for a while but I'm back over now)
Tank (boss or hard hitting mob gear, high stam/high avoidance)
Spell dmg (for soloing single non elite crap, way under the def cap)
Healer (raid healing gear)
Pvp healer (few resilience pieces thrown in)
Threat (High spell dmg, 490 def, uncrushable)
_________________