This is a good discussion of the reasons to not gem for +hit. I'll link to it in the guide when I'm willing to make edits.
http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... =viewtopic
Digren
Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:12 pm

theckhd wrote:Aedh wrote:theckhd wrote:Just noticed i used 0.84 in all of the agility calculations where I should have used 0.83. Normally it wouldn't make a difference, but we've been calculating these things out to four decimal places, so...
I'll go back and fix them when I get some time, probably tomorrow morning.
now is that 0.83 or 0.8300?
It's technically 45.25018692/(59.88023952/1.1)=0.831245934.
(dodge rating for 1% dodge) / (agil for 1% dodge)
Also I've updated the numbers in my post, they should all be correct now (using all 9 decimal places of accuracy in the conversion, even).
Aedh wrote:neither.
+18 stam.
The lists aren't fully updated in places.
Aedh wrote:He did say he was over 540.
But you are right. Cloak and chest are the best places to cut def before the shield.
ekim952522000 wrote:Is there anything else on the guide that is not updated?
[list=1][*]Numbered list item
[*]Numbered list item[/list]
[list][*]Bulleted list item
[*]Bulleted list item[/list]
[list]Indented non-bulleted list item
Indented non-bulleted list item[/list]What if the gear has multiple sockets? How should I evaluate the socket bonus?
You should divide the socket bonus among the non-blue sockets. For example, if a piece has a red, a yellow, and a blue socket, and the bonus is +9 stamina, then the bonus associated with the blue socket is nothing (since a stamina gem goes there regardless) and the bonus for the yellow and red sockets is just +4.5 stamina each. If you are a level three or four tank, you should skip such a poor bonus and stack stamina.
ekim952522000 wrote:From the guide.What if the gear has multiple sockets? How should I evaluate the socket bonus?
You should divide the socket bonus among the non-blue sockets. For example, if a piece has a red, a yellow, and a blue socket, and the bonus is +9 stamina, then the bonus associated with the blue socket is nothing (since a stamina gem goes there regardless) and the bonus for the yellow and red sockets is just +4.5 stamina each. If you are a level three or four tank, you should skip such a poor bonus and stack stamina.
Kind of. I'll get to that later.Fiaraa wrote:Avoidance is still an afterthought, if that's what you mean.
99sitr wrote:Say you are a JC (no longer have to meet Meta requirements)
lythac wrote:99sitr wrote:Say you are a JC (no longer have to meet Meta requirements)
Has something changed in the last week that means JCs don't have to meet Meta requirements?
Oh do you mean you have already met them somewhere else?
lythac wrote:Yes that is what I am getting at, he is saying that JCs don't have to worry about meeting Meta requirements, which is not the case.
So I am asking did he mean -
"Say you are a JC (have already met Meta requirements)"
Alixander wrote:Hey Theck/Meloree,
Could we get redone numbers for the Stamina/Avoidance ratios taking into account the change to Sacred Duty? Or do they not change the numbers at all?