Skip to content
Maintankadin

Gear Check/Advice Thread (All Specific Advice Requests Here)

Paladei
Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:42 am
Up until this point, I've been running normal and just getting my feet wet with Heroic instances. I've snagged my BOJ Libram, and am slowly collecting more BOJs. My small guild is starting to get into Kara with some friends from outside the guild...

My question is... would it be more beneficial to upgrade my chest piece to the 2.3 Badge piece, or snag Slikk's? Both are upgrades and I doubt I'll be replacing Slikk's anytime soon. I can obtain Slikk's much more quickly than the chest piece although I think the chest is a bigger overall upgrade...

Also, don't pay too much attention to the stats listed in the sig/armory right now. I normally have the Goblin Rocket Launcher, Adamantite Figurine, and Crest of the Sha'tar socketed with +12 Stam gems on...
_________________
Agamemnoch
Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:57 am
Personally, I can see options for upgrades for you. Your chest is not enchanted so that hurts.

You should really get better bracers. Bracers of the green fortress are an easy to get upgrade. Get 12 defense on them.

Why are you stacking spell damage when you can never have enough stamina from gemming? Don't socket for bonuses. Also, look at the SSO shields as they are an EH upgrade over the crest of shat'ar.

I would get the chest first, as the cloak is fine and with the chest, you will make badge farming easier on yourself and your DPS, with the extra threat as well as healers from extra stam/armor.
_________________

Armory Link Above
Kensei
Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:24 am
With the content my guild is currently running, I'm running out of gear upgrade ideas. I have a surplus of badges atm, but am unsure if there is any other badge loot that would actually be an upgrade for me. As far as content, my guild runs TK, SSC, Gruul, Mag and ZA. We only ever seem to do VR in TK and Lurker in SSC. We have 3 of the 4 timed events on farm in ZA, but I've yet to see the shoulders or ring drop. I'd appreciate a critique of my current gear (because of my choice of necklace, I'm just below 102.4% unbuffed, but kings takes care of that deficit). I really like the SSO necklace, it procs like crazy. I also have the necklace from Maiden if the consensus is that it's better than the SSO one. There is a link to my armory lite in my signature. Thanks in advance for any help. =)
_________________
Kensei
Suramar - US
http://armorylite.com/us/Suramar/Kensei
Chanticleer
Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:28 am
So I've been running kara for two weeks with all the alts and off-spec folk in my guild, and I'm trying desperately to play catch-up so I can join the big kids in 25 man content. My current armory is in my signature, and after a few more dailies and a kara badge run I'll be able to pick up Slikk's and the SSO shield. I'm thinking to re-gem, re-enchant and craft the Tortoise trinket, which will end up looking like:

http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/76895

Am I headed in the right direction, or is there something else I should be shooting toward? I still have a lot of the recommended pre-kara blues in my bank, but the purples really help for keeping my stam and spell damage up.

Thanks!
_________________


I was walking along minding my business, when out of an orange colored sky...
Paladei
Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:37 am
Awesome, thanks. Brain isn't fully operational this morning. I knew of effective health, just couldn't connect the dots between that and the acronym.

morphio
Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:11 am
hi, i've dinged to 70 about a month ago and have been a ret pally the whole time. i respeced to prot recently so im quite the noob. i've OT kara a few times and have accumulated 67 badges, plz hav a look at my armory (sig) to see what i should aim for.

atm i think i should get the 100 badge chest first but i've no real idea

thanks guys
_________________
Kenderama
Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:39 am
Hello, folks - been a'lurking for a long time, and decided finally to get a post off my chest.

I'm relatively new to 70 as a pally (though I've tanked as a druid at 70, and healed, and dps'ed, etc) so I'm still trying to figure out where my tanking 'zone' is so far.

I did pretty well this week in Kara (first half) and even managed to score the helm out of Opera, but the rest of my gear is kinda sucky.

Current plans for the weekend:
Get Andormu's Tear and Legs from KoT rep.
Stalk my guildmate who can make Bracers of Grfortress.
Bankrupt myself and have another guildmate make Belt of the Guardian
Start running heroics.

The question I have is this.. in MY brain, I think I can tank easier heroics, like SP and maybe Mechanar. But I want smarter people's opinions, as mine are colored by my "Lady Vashj is hard, everything else is easy" mentality.

Armory here.
_________________