Shoju wrote:First, Thanks Yappo for continuing your failsafe guides. I appreciate the work that you put into it.
I wrote up something very similar to this on my guild's website. I noticed a couple of differences between our lists and wanted to bring a couple of them up.
- I personally do not think that Justice Point Shield is worth overlooking Twilight Mirrorshield- Quests : Twilight Highlands.
You can have this shield within ~30-60 minutes of time in the zone (actually you end up going back to SW/Org to finish this quest, and unlock the zone), and you can put those JP's towards other items, and save the shield for once you are ready to roll into raids if you don't have a heroic shield yet.- The main reason that I am going with the rep order that I am (dragonmaw -> Ramkahen -> Hyjal -> ER/Therazane), is that the enchants, while an obvious marked improvement over the WotLK versions, are just not as noticable of an upgrade as the gear is.
I also based it on personal experience to a degree. I didn't quest out any single zone before 85. I did Vash'jir (100 or so), Hyjal (to get the tabard), Deepholm (to unlock Therazane Tabard), Uldum (to unlock Ramkahen tabard), and then Highlands, while I was tanking dungeons. I think Priority #1 for a "non hardcore" tank is revered with their Highlands rep (dorfs or orcs). The JP helm wastes too much itemization on STR for my tastes.- There is only 1 other guaranteed tank trinket in cata quests, and i'm sure you left it off the list because of low ilvl, but it is Insignia of Diplomacy In deepholm for those who struggle getting tank trinkets.
- I would suggest adding the chest piece from Grim Batol to the list as a pre-cursor to the JP Chest.
Item Breastplate of the Witness - Quest - Grim Batol 5 man dungeon. While the JP piece is clearly superior, I think that the BP of the Witness is good enough to stand on your own until you get the JP piece.
Again, thanks for the list, wanted to toss a couple of things out there as intermediary pieces / stopgaps while working on other things. I think the big difference between your list and my list comes down to where they are looking to end up. I did mine mainly as a guide for those who are looking to get heroic ready, and yours is geared towards those looking to get into raids. With my guild not raiding for another 22 days, and most of my audience moving at a slower pace than most, there are obvious differences.
I am personally geared with the Twilight Mirror Shield, which goes to show I'm still having the living hell beaten out of me on heroics.
You (as in all readers of this list) have to keep in mind that it's being designed from a point of view that is indeed more progressed than I personally am.
I'm assuming that the reader of ths list (today or in a month's time) is already clad for heroics.
I'm also adamant that the price/performance curve for gaining rep rewards finishing all zones as far as quests go, and that, in turn, will leave the tank honored with all factions, not to speak of geared in all available quest-rewards.
Based on the above 'rules' you either already have access to the Earthen Ring head-chant, or need a very minor dungeon-run to get revered, and you're honored with Therazane, giving you access to the minor shoulder enchant.
As long as we agree that this is correct, then it remains to gear for raids, for which this list is supposed to help if RNG screws you over.
Less than one month will see you exalted with Therazane, so just leave that tabard aside (apart from tabard-achievement).
We're thus left with Hyjal, Uldum and Highlands rep to clear out. My argument for hitting the Hyjal/Uldum facts with a tabard is that you gain rep with Highlands from daily quests.
Being heroics ready (and actually running heroics to get geared for raids) you're supposed to ramp up JP at an alarming rate (which I personally am not). I would expect one JP piece per week seems reasonable.
Thanks, however, for valuable input. It shows how and whyI need to be clearer in the guide. I'll make changes to it in order to rectify those weaknesses.
