Awyndel wrote:Remember we can get the pvp cloak for just 7 wins in arena. It's quite a bit better then most other options for ctc/stamina.
Not really... or at least, before I say any crap, is this the one you mean or have I missed something?
If this is the one, while is definitely easily obtainable and would provide a quick upgrade I don't see it as any better then the VP one.
If you've been raiding a bit you should be ctc capped already and mastery is not necessarily your much needed stat any longer, with pure avoidance and stamina now becoming way more interesting, also consider that while the VP one is 397, the PvP is barely a 403, so doesn't have much itemisation on top of the other and most of it is lost in resilience, this leaves you with mastery being useful and only 40% of the resilience to use.
The more stamina isn't technically true as you have 24 more stamina on the PvP but a yellow gem on the VP which you could socket with a green gem and be 6 stamina over, also, the socket itself would give you a nice extra ctc boost, with epic gems shifting the balance even more.
The extra 100 strength is negligible in terms of avoidance (0.07/0.08%) and far outweighed in terms of threat by expertise.
I don't have the time to get in too many details now and do any calculation, but on a brief observation I like more the VP one and gives me the feeling that with a mastery reofrge of expertise and a green gem could potentially give the same ctc as the other but extra threat, I have however to say that the PvP could be instead a useful replacement once the season kicks in to buy you time and a nice upgrade from your 378 while you wait for the VPs.
Disclaimer: all of the above if I've got the right cloaks
http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=73494;77099
