Skip to content
Maintankadin

Gear Check/Advice Thread (All Specific Advice Requests Here)

enix
Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:02 am
Thanks for the advice.
Antagonist
Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:15 am
So, my tankish paladin is an alt, but needing nothing from Hyjal on my Rogue these days, and with our main paladin tank not being able to raid on all of our raid days, I'm starting to feel the pressure to get geared up to be good enough to tank hyjal trash - at the very least, Rage and Anetheron trash. I'm slowly but surely getting there, but, with that as a goal in mind, what upgrades would you prioritize chasing? I know I need new shoulders, and am HOPING that a visit to Maulgar next week will fix that, and the commendation is an obvious target as well, but then where do I spend my next badges? what else do I run in search of in terms of Heroic drops that I can chase down?

I'm pugging whatever is puggable and trying to make my own luck here...

Armory:

http://armorylite.com/us/Mok%27Nathal/faüst
Alberich
Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:03 pm
I'm looking for advice:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sisters+of+Elune&n=Alberich

I also have the T5 gloves, the Belt of the Guardian, Unwavering Legguards, and the Bulwark of the Amani Empire.

What should I be focusing my badges on? The only thing I could think of is getting the badge Paladin chest and boots and holding them for WotLK when all that spell hit gets converted. I'm somewhat averse to spending them on gems, and the other tanking pieces don't really seem worth it to me, but maybe I am misguided.
Tiranknight
Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:05 pm
Just recently had Belt of the Guardian crafted for me and socketed it with x2, 12 stam gems. This is replacing my old belt... Sha'tari Vindicator's Waistguard. Love the gains in Raw Health, and spell damage, however the only problem is.. I just lost a big chunk of Uncrushability dropping me down from around 103, to 99%. Any tips on the best way to get that back? I suppose I'll just swap back in the Figurine of the Colossus.

Any other way without dropping the Stam trinket? I figure I'll re-enchant/re-gem my Chest. to 15 Def, and put all Stam gems in. (been meaning to do that anyway)

My armory Here. What Badge upgrades would be most logical to shoot for next? Honestly torn between saving for Stalwart Ring, Righteous Sabatons, Slikk's Cloaks, Bracers... also wondering if my gear is up to par to Tank... later Kara (Prince, Nightbane) assuming I do a little switch-aroo and get back up to uncrush status. Is there any reason for me to be scared going into Hero MgT?
Elphas
Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:33 am

Moving On from T4.

Hey folks! im a main tank in my T5 raiding guild on Aerie Peak EU and GM handily.
In our guild we have 3 prot warrs (1 reliably online) 2 Prot Pallies (Me being reliably online) and 2 feral druids with tank gear (1 being reliable).
I have been wondering what sort of gear i should be rolling on now were steadily downing T5 bosses and im saving DKP but im not sure what for.
Fully raid buffed i cross 20k easily and with commanding shout in the MT group i hit 21khp.
i have 380 or so spell dmg which i consider low (though i do have justicar shoulders which i can use if i want to sacrifice uncrush and put a lot more aggro on - not that i normally need it) Usually i use wizard oil (40 more SPD) and Flask of Blinding Light (another 80 SPD). I have most of the resist gear available... some of it green crap, but i do have full inferno from badges, iceguard and wildguard.
Gear Concerns:
Shield. ( I have rolled and failed on legacy defender because the warriors needed it more, damn you sha'tar rep shield!)
Cloak. (I realize mine is getting a bit old)

Im not sure where 16k HP unbuffed gets me.... should i be working on aggro instead? or shield block value? (mine is about 310 or so i believe)
Thus far i have tanked VR, Hydross Adds, Lurker and Tidewalker Adds with lots of success.

http://armorylite.com/eu/Aerie+Peak/Elphas
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aerie+Peak&n=Elphas
_________________
Elphas
Lvl 70 Protection Paladin EU Aerie Peak.
375 Enchanting
375 Blacksmithing
Meehnea
Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:59 am
hey guys:D just got aldori legacy defender, but already had merciless shield. what should i use?got a 15stamina gem in the ALD:)
_________________
Hierax
Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:46 am
Working towards 'Prince stats' ...what next. I want to maximize dodge, keeping my Defense at 490 which is a juggling act right now regarding gemming (see my glove gems - ick)

Ok so I've done some heroics and Kara now ...so I feel a bit more confident. H SH's is pretty easy now for my small grp as is Bot. Nice 10 badges on any given night.

As to moving towards tanking prince here's my armory/Warcrafter links:
http://kaelthas-us.warcrafter.net/Morthog
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kael%27thas&n=Morthog

(edit I usually have in Andormu's Ring when in kara....puts me at 490)

I'm working towards badges for
2.3 Chest Stoic
2.3 Cloak Slikk's

On the Chest upgrade --- I will lose 20ish defense - yuck. What do folks recommend to replace that... ? I can put in the Untamed neck from cenarion....also I may have someone chant my cloak with Major Defense. I'm at the pt where I need to swap 2 things around to 'upgrade'.

Belt choices are - guardian ( pattern not around anymore) , Moroes belt, or badge belts... Which should I shoot for ?

Hunting kara for Maiden's choker, Moroes belt...

Things I have in inventory for situational :
Figuring of Colossus
Adamantite Figurine
Untamed Neck
All SSO necks
Both SSO shields
Unhinged Neck
All Righteous armor save Helm.
_________________