Skip to content
Maintankadin

Gear Check/Advice Thread (All Specific Advice Requests Here)

Ciandin
Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:00 am
Hierax, I'd go for the crafted belt if you can find it so you can spend your badges on other gear (namely 2.3 chest or 2.4 legs if needed).

Enchant defense to your cloak, new chest, and bracers, and you'll be good to go
_________________
Thing is if you're using daggers in both hands and Sinister Strike isn't recommended then how would you build combo points?
Namuy
Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:19 am
Hey there, I just hit 70 on my pally in the past week and a half and fell in love with prot tanking. I was directed here from a some guild members and wanted some input on where to go gear wise.

Heres my Armory and Armory lite

As you can see I'm barely uncrushable/uncritable at the moment, I do have the +def jc trinket also

I do have quite a few badges at the moment and have been looking at Chestguard of the Stoic Guardian and Ring of the Stalwart Protector, but if I go with either I fall below uncrushable or uncritable range and I'd have to switch jc trinkets, which would cause me to lose 49 stam, int ontop of the on use. I'm just a bit torn on where to go from here and what are actual upgrades, I'd appreciate any help if possible.
Lore
Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:45 pm
De-stickied. I'll leave it unlocked so any unanswered questions can be answered, but feel free to make a new thread in this forum if you'd rather.

Thanks.
_________________
I can keep rhythm with no metronome.
Narishkite
Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:36 am

Pre-Kara gear check

I posted here a few weeks ago, and have followed the strong advice. At this point, I have been running Bot trying to get the Spaulders of the Righteous to drop.

My question is, what am I ready to tank? Any of the heroics? Kara? (Note: armory link via sig image, which isn't quite up-to-date)

Thanks much.
_________________
moduspwnens
Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:18 am
SP and UB aren't bad, and almost everything in there is humanoid for easy CCs, or a giant. As for Mech, it'd help to bring someone who can interrupt, because when the machines "charge fists," they hit pretty hard on top of the knockdown they do.

BF is only two stars if you have a Warlock. I had my warrior in there (~T4-T5ish geared), and he got owned by the dual felguard packs at the end. No big deal with a banish/enslave, but they hit really hard.

Botanica isn't bad, but also probably a good idea for a warlock here, too.
_________________
Stormreaver US

Modus | Governor
diversa
Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:08 pm
You can get to my armory by clicking on my Siggy. Here is my issue...I have so much to do to improve my gear. I am saving for the 2.3 legs I am doing dailies when I can for the Exalted SSO shields. What should I currently focus on to improve my gear further? I already ran Kara this week. Thank you for the advice in advance. =)
_________________
Scrawn
Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:15 pm
Im having trouble choosing my boots and libram combo and which would give out more threat (bearing in mind the reason i need the block libram with the badge boots is because of uncrushability):

My Armoury: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&n=Scrawn

Combo 1 (My current): http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33191 + http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33504

Combo 2 : http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33523 + http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29388
_________________


Blue Rage™
Lightbeard
Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:57 pm
putting this at the top for my question
_________________


Phury
Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:19 pm

Little Help?

I'm working on progressing my tank of course. My problem is that it seems anything that I upgrade to seems to put me below the uncrushable mark. I know I need a helm enchant (more than likely the KoT one, but I need the rep first). I really don't know what badge gear to get, or what I need to do. I am planning on getting the bracer enchant changed (I threw that on there cause someone said it might do better.....um no).
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Any questions I would be happy to answer also.

Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Spinebreaker&n=Phury

Thanks ahead of time.
_________________
Dendrah
Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:51 pm
Finally!!! I dinged 70 on my tankadin. I tanked most normal instances to great succes so far. I also achieved uncrittable.

Please don't tell me I got empty sockets cause the gems have been ordered.

I also know I need enchants. What would you recommend me? I'm low on HP, my armor is not yet the best and I'm crushable. Should I go all out on HP and try to hit 11k? Or should I rather go for something else? (The weapon I know what I want and working on it)

My armor link:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Defias+Brotherhood&n=Denby

What content can I handle with this gear? Can I already try a heroic SP?