Skip to content
Maintankadin

Gear Check/Advice Thread (All Specific Advice Requests Here)

Shayna
Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:54 am
Hi!

My friends want me to tank heroics for them, but to be honest I'm not sure if my gear is up for it.
I've tanked HC Ramparts, Blood Furnace and Mechanar so far, no real problems, but I'm afraid I'm gonna get a real beating in any harder heroics.
What do I need to improve, and how?
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostmane&n=Shayna

(My signature is NOT up to date.)
_________________
Blindsay
Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:54 pm

Overall thoughts?

Been a lurker and i finally decided to join

nice to meet everyone, been reading alot of the posts its helped alot with my gear thus far, was just curious if anyone had any addition input to a few things ive come across.

1. My Stats - With kings up and nothing else
17,137HP
492 Defense
19.88% Dodge, 15.68% Parry, 56.28% block (with HS)
102.52 total avoidence (with holy shield up) (without kings its 102.12)
358 spell dmg (400 with wizard oil on my 1h)
5418 Mana

link to armory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderhorn&n=Blindsay

Any suggestions to my MT gear would be apprecaited, i plan on getting the Ring the Drops off of tidewalker in SSC, and the one that drops off the trash in TK, and the necklace from maiden in Kara. Also i have to turn in my furies deck so i can get that card. Those are the upgrades i want to get in the short term, oh and the shield from gruul but it never drops lol.

My trash gear is as follows (still with kings)
14,657HP
500 Defense
18.37% Dodge, 17.31% Parry, 49.37% block (with HS)
96.07% total avoidence, to help with getting mana back
approx 600 spell dmg (with flasks food etc) + Libram of Divine Purpose
6828 Mana


all in all things are comming along well, i enjoy tanking but some key members of my guild hate pally tanks They say my MT gear is not good enough for SSC or TK, hell i have to fight for them to even let me tank in Kara. They say pally tanks arent as good as a Warrior so i get 2nd seat to them even if im substantially better geared. We were wiping on tidewalker alot cause the warrior would lose shield block then get crushed. I just want to help my guild progress further and i feel that i can. But they want me to heal cause thats what pallys do..... ironically enough my tanking gear is better then my healing gear too (+1650ish healing unbuffed)


but yeah any thoughts advice and input would be appreciated, and thanks for taking the time to read this
Uthor
Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:29 am
Hello dear Maintankadin forum that I visit everytime I can.

I need some help when it comes to choosing what to buy next for badges.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kul+Tiras&n=Uthor

I need to know what would be the biggest upgrade for me with badges
(I mainly only do Heroics and karazhan and I messed up my talent spec when I had respecced from ret to tank Mr.T ) and I'm thinking about the Iron-Tusk waist belt.

I also plan to replace the enchants on cloak+chest to defense rating and replace Adamantite Figure for the trinket from Heroic Mr.T that I never remember the name on .

I'm sorry for any spelling errors since English is not my native language.
Infernosaint
Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:05 am
Hey.

http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ahn'Qiraj&n=Orthon

I would like to know what to go for now.

Im thinking about buying the badge cloak and get defence on it, then go hc MgT and get the trinket from princess and shoulders from hc AC or netherspite.(whichever comes first)

is this a plan? and how much more do i need to tank ZA?

Thanks
_________________



Never trie to understand me. You will die...
Chantix
Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:41 am

Am I ready to tank Heroics?

I've recently respec'd Prot, after being Holy for most of the time, for the guild I'm in. It's mostly just a small guild with a bunch of RL friends, and we're wanting to start running heroics. I'm not yet uncrushable, but roughly ~6% off. Which upgrades/gems/enchants should I look for to get there? Right now, the cloak from SV is on the very top of my list, but I've run SV so many times and it has yet to drop, my guild is begging me to stop asking them to run it. How far off am I from being able to OT, or even MT in Kara? I'm sure the same upgrades would apply.

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nathrezim&n=Chantix

Thanks
Dorvan
Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:55 am
As a suggestion, if you'd like others to review your armory, return the favor and toss some ideas someone else's way.
_________________
justa
Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:11 am
I have been doing t he tankadin thing quite some time now. I have never really looked for advice just caught on to it from a friend of mine that made one. Based it off of his spec and developed my own style of tanking afterwords.

My guild is currently finishing off the tail end of Hyjal and three boss's down in BT everything is going very well. It just seems my toon could be preforming better at times.

Would like a some input on where i should go next gear wise.
I understand there is a MT thread as well but that will not reveal any holes in my current set up and it would be great to have a fresh pair of eyes. Anyhelp that anyone can provide to point me in the right direction would be great. I know this peice of trash toon has some short comings i just don't know where it is or how to fix them.

Currently below is what I'm trying to set up.

1600 + hp un-buffered 22K buffed
500 + defence
70 + ish block (with holy sheild up)
24 dodge
400 + spell damg

The following armory link provided is the main set of gear i run around and do everything in. I do have some other stuff i carry with me. The shoulders i know are not the best in the world but my shield block seems to be adequate and i have the Stone Resolve in reserve as needed. My Next is trash and Karazan ring has to go. other then that i don't know where i should go at this point.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dalaran&n=Phearr