Skip to content
Maintankadin

Chestguard of the Stoic Guardian

Eneroth
Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:36 am
Still not sure what I want to pick up first, the chest or the legs. I have both plate peices from Kara atm. Just wondering which one is going to the be the biggest upgrade from the start.
_________________
Lieris
Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:54 am
We don't kill the adds on Al'ar so mana isn't an issue to me. I can't imagine having to kill them whenever they spawn without a shadow priest but again the option to just not kill them is there Smile

Even if you would like a larger mana pool it still doesn't justify Tier 6, an avoidance set having 132 intellect as you'd never use those pieces when tanking adds anyway.
_________________
Julian
Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:56 pm
The elephant in the room on the chest is that ZA has a chest drop (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33473) that is arguably better.

Personally, I'll be getting legs (to complement t5-- I'll be using them for different things), boots, neck, and cloak on patch day, with bracers to follow soon after.

The new gear and new stats really encourage you to develop a single-target set that's distinct from your multi-target set, since spell damage, BR, and BV are comparatively better against multiple mobs but +hit and +expertise are better against a single mob.
_________________
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-sheet.xml?r=Maiev&n=Julian
Nevrosion
Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:11 am
i can't really decide on gems on this thing.

either 3x12stams

or (6stam+random tank stat)x2 and a 12stam, leaves on 6 stam short but some additional stats.
_________________
Fearonir
Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:54 pm
If I get the chestpiece I plan on doing a +8 defense gem, a +12 Stam Gem and a +5 Parry Rating/+6 Stamina gem. That way I only lose 12 stamina.
_________________
Mellithe
Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:21 am
heroic mech better start to drop that tanz gem I have been trying to get it for ages bah
_________________
Winter is Coming
Merise
Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:10 pm
I ended up socketing mine this way, as a JC I could do this and receive the same stamina 3x SSoE would give a non JC, plus some extra stats, unless my math is all wrong. Of course I could have went for 2xSSoE and the +18 for more stamina. But I wanted the extra defense/parry for different sets. I may change them yet I'll see. Would only net me another 6 stamina though.

+4def/+6sta
+5parry/+6sta
+18sta (falling star)

18+6+6+6(socket bonus) = 36sta

I'd like one of those heroic dodge/stamina gems but never seen one drop.

I just put 3x SSoE in the pants. As you can only use one falling star in a set.
_________________