Just a suggestion, but how about merging the profession trinkets with the other trinkets?
Stuck out there like that makes it difficult to compare.
Dunkan
Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:20 am

Fayia wrote:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightnings-blade/lazeil/simple
Seems Paragon discovered a tanking sword that is not on the list...the Fang of Twilight?
Throb wrote:Fayia wrote:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightnings-blade/lazeil/simple
Seems Paragon discovered a tanking sword that is not on the list...the Fang of Twilight?
It drops off of Valonia and is an Agi/Crit/Mastery sword. So, it's a tanking sword in the same regard that Belt of the Ferocious Wolf is a tanking belt. It's good if you don't have anything better.
econ21 wrote: ...the Fang of Twilight ... Compare it to the Mace of Acrid Death - that gives you 118 parry; but this sword gives you about 143 dodge (0.6*165 dodge from its agility and 44 dodge from reforging the crit).
Nikachelle wrote:If anything, this board was NOT prejudiced against agility at all for tanks. Most of us used agility/stam gems and agility enchants in Wrath. That being said, I don't know the current math, but it doesn't seem people are as gungho about agility in Cataclysm as they were before.
aureon wrote:Why aren't the WotLK armor trinket present?


inthedrops wrote:
Hah, I just realized you all get to know what I name my gearsets
majorwoo wrote:inthedrops wrote:
Hah, I just realized you all get to know what I name my gearsets
I want to know the difference between "mastery" and "super mastery". I have a suspicion it is something I looked at doing myself, but decided against.
inthedrops wrote:It's more for fun than actual use in raids. It's the gear I have with the most mastery on it. Puts me a bit above 62% block and like 145k health. I don't think I've actually worn it in a raid though so it's more of a "how high can I go" thing.
Treck wrote:I think [Cloak of Biting Chill] should be added to the list, as it appears to be the best back ingame for us atm. For some reason theres no 372 "tanking" cloak available.
yappo wrote: Just hard to convince the agi-dps that we're rolling on a tanking-upgrade. Looks a bit similar to holydins rolling on cloth the last X-pac.
Treck wrote:Who its the biggest upgrade for, is another story, but its also more of a guild based decision at that point
inthedrops wrote:Treck posted some missing waist and ring pieces from CoW and I think it's very important to have them in the gear list considering they are close to if not sometimes best in slot.
Here are a couple screenshots of some I've managed to grab. Treck included all the details you need to know though in his excellent post a page or two back:
...of the Bedrock
+380 Stamina, +232 Strength, +160 Mastery Rating, +160 Parry Rating
...of the Bouldercrag
+380 Stamina, +232 Strength, +160 Dodge Rating, +160 Parry Rating
...of the Rockslab
+380 Stamina, +232 Strength, +160 Mastery Rating, +160 Dodge Rating
...of the Bouldercrag
+380 Stamina, +232 Strength, +160 Dodge Rating, +160 Parry Rating
Treck wrote:I wouldnt say...of the Bouldercrag
+380 Stamina, +232 Strength, +160 Dodge Rating, +160 Parry Rating
Is better than Jumbotron Power Belt
But both Bedrock and Rockslab are great alternatives to Jumbotron as comparing normal vs normal and hc vs hc, the throne loot wins over Omnotrons.
Jumbotron Bouldercrag
+95 mastery rating
+21 dodge rating
+111 parry ratingdD/Do = -dAr*Fa/(Ar+K)*[1-Av-0.4*B] - Fa*[dAv+0.4*dB] (4)dD/Do = - Fa*[dAvd + dAvp + 0.4*dB]dAvd + dAvp = 0.4 * dBdA' = (dA/k)*(1-A'/C)^2 (10)dAd = 0.01 * 21 / 176.7189 = 0.00119 (A)
dAp = 0.01 * 111 / 176.7189 = 0.00628 (B)
Ad' = 0.135 - 0.039705 = 0.095295 (C)
Ap' = 0.145 - 0.05 = 0.095 (D)
k = 0.9560
C = 0.65631440
dAvd = 0.000908 (E)
dAvp = 0.004805 (F)dAvd + dAvp = 0.005714 = 0.4 * dB
dB = 0.01428 (G)dB * Cm / 0.0225 = dRm
dRm = 113.8Digren wrote:This seems to make sense; in Theck's math in his derivation spreadsheet, he assumed smaller percentages of post-DR avoidance, and yielded a result where 122 mastery rating was equal to 132 avoidance rating.
So what does that mean? Well, the Jumbotron only provides 95 mastery rating, less than the 114 mastery rating necessary to match the Bouldercrag.