econ21 wrote:That's a very comprehensive updating, Yappo, thanks!
There is a mastery/strength on use trinket (Essence of the Eternal Flame) from the Avenger's of Hjyal Revered. Two or three trash runs would remove the need for a second Tol Barad trinket.
Have you looked at the S10 lower tier shield and weapons? The high item level on the weapon might make it good for threat/farming 5 mans. If we were in wotlk, the shield might be good for effective health but no one talks about that anymore. I know you need to earn a certain amount of honor per season to get them, but a failsafe tank might do that sort of thing. (I'll probably grind out a full PvP set eventually.) Personally, I'm more interested in the lower tier PvP items than the conquest ones - I don't do arenas, but am going to be converting excess JPs into HPs.
The report item levels for the top three legs are typos (they are not 346).
Fixed the legs. Thanks for catching that!
And about the trinks, yeah, I think I'll add two of them. The on-strength is kind of a no-brainer as it's a direct upgrade to the TB one. The agility on-use is a bit more iffy, but it
does come with higher static mastery.
I'll skip on the Honor shield, because it's still 359 and just can't compete with the crafted one. I'll have a look at the Conquest one though. I'll also take a very close look at the weapons again.
I don't really agree that people don't talk about EH any longer. We just don't use that word

While stamina doesn't receive much in the way of recognition, I still believe we're supposed to just know, by means of mind-reading, that armour has a place. I haven't seen the current numbers, but anything between 5 - 10 armour per point of mastery sounds reasonable. The wide range depending on how you value the new on-use effect of Holy Shield.
Anyway, somewhere down the line we'll have to decide if we're going to shop
proper tanking items for Valor or the
best tanking items. I'm aware that shields and weapons require us to amass a big chunk of Conquest, but look at it this way: You pick up the cloak and the helmet. Now you 'only' have to pad out some 4k CP on 'crap' PvP gear before you can start collecting for the weapon. I don't know if the shield can be bought before the 11650 CP (ie if it could be shopped in the 'crap' interval). The overhead is still 'only' four weeks, even if you collect zero CP the 'natural' way.