Skip to content
Maintankadin

So many trinkets!

econ21
Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:03 am

Re: So many trinkets!

Loras, I think we have a miscommunication. I never said agility does not scale with kings. I was just taking issue with your claims that the effects were greater than I reported and that my "numbers are off". My numbers included the effect of kings, although I admit I did not make that explicit in my original post.

The agility conversion is discussed in a post by Digren in Theckhd's thread on armor/mastery/avoidance conversions, which seems to be such a good reference it should be stickied:

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... =viewtopic
Loras
Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:17 pm

Re: So many trinkets!

Uhm, sort of :) From the way you worded it I understood that for you numbers don't change with or without BoK.
And "your numbers are off" was for Vort, due to saying that trinket gives 5% dodge for him; not for you :)
Sorry for the misunderstanding, think it's all clear now.
Vort
Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:52 pm

Re: So many trinkets!

Yeh my bad, tested it out again last night and it was a 4.19% Dodge gain. Still not too shabby considering the passive Mastery on it.
econ21
Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:05 pm

Re: So many trinkets!

I just tested the trinkets again and their effect on my main is as reported. The TB one with strength on use adds 1.84% parry, as opposed to the 3.97% dodge from the agility one. That's somewhat more favourable to strength than one would expect if agility gave 60% dodge, it's more consistent with a 54% conversion.

Comparing Impetuous Query with the Unsolvable Riddle, one thing I noticed was that the Query has a 10 second effect with a 1 min CD whereas the Riddle is 20 seconds for 2 min. I think I prefer the latter, as I suspect I would only turn to the on use effect occasionally and the longer duration the better.